Usmle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IRON_DUKE

MEDICAL RED NECK ROYALTY
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those who have already dusted the USMLE , I am on a limited budget and wonder if it is worth investing in some AIDS like FIRST AID , KAPLAN and others .

I want to have all advantages there are ( like more time than my US COUNTERPARTS ) but I dont have as much cash as them to invest on expensive AIDS if they DONT HELP . If they do well cool . Just be more crackers and tuna .

Let me know .

Thankz

:eek

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your situation, I'd buy the following...

First-Aid
Kaplan Home Study kit

After having gone over these multiple times, I'd do as many practice mcqs as possible (I did about 5000)... these are relatively easily available through friends/fellow students on burned CDs (i.e. free). Q-bank is awesome and relatively inexpensive for 1 month. I'd also do the 2000+ Path mcqs on WebPath... these are also free.

Invest some solid time, focused effort, and a couple hundred dollars, and I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your score...

"Patience, persistence, and perserverence make an unbeatable combination for success"

- Napoleon Hill

Good luck :).

Cuts:

I know you posted more details on here somewhere a while ago... where are they and/or can you repost that message (hope that's not a problem to do)?

I'm at the point where I'm starting to feel the crunch. Is the Kaplan really worth it? What have you heard from others?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

-Skip