USMLE/COMLEX USMLERx has everything you need to ensure success on the USMLE-Raffle+Prod Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's amazing! Do you get access to the android flashcards when you purchase the qbank or is it separate?
Flashcards are seperate.

Members don't see this ad.

Tell me one thing that makes your qbank better then the other options out there. Also when would you suggest starting?
USMLERx questions are integrated with First Aid for the USMLE Step 1.

Our readers/subscribers find it beneficial to begin the test bank about 6 months before the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would you compare USMLERx with USMLEworld in terms of difficulty? People always say UWorld is much more difficult than the actual test, so is this closer to the test itself?

Also, how integrated are the different parts of the program? Are the answers to questions associated with a more in-depth explanation of the topic?

Thanks!

How would you compare USMLERx with USMLEworld in terms of difficulty? People always say UWorld is much more difficult than the actual test, so is this closer to the test itself?

Also, how integrated are the different parts of the program? Are the answers to questions associated with a more in-depth explanation of the topic?

Thanks!
The test banks on the market try to provide the format that is as close as possible to the actual exam. We provide questions that allow our subscribers to make their practice tests as easy or as difficult as they would like.

Yes, when you review your practice test answers, we reinforce the correct answer with the corresponding entry in First Aid.

The test banks on the market try to provide the format that is as close as possible to the actual exam. We provide questions that allow our subscribers to make their practice tests as easy or as difficult as they would like.

Yes, when you review your practice test answers, we reinforce the correct answer with the corresponding entry in First Aid.
For a test drive of USMLERx Step 1 Qmax, click here.

Hello,
I was on the usmlerx website today and don't find the deal you have mentioned on the top of page.
"Test Prep Week Raffle: 3-month USMLERx Step 1 bundle (Step 1 Qmax and Flash Facts)"

Please let me know about it.
Thanks.

Does it have additional material that is not covered in First Aid 2011?

So the key to getting a predicted score is to do 200 questions within 7 days?

I don't see this bundle on your website.

Test Prep Week Raffle: 3-month USMLERx Step 1 bundle (Step 1 Qmax and Flash Facts)

Is there a timed tutor mode where you can answer the question and see the answer immediately but still have the time running?
Thank you.

Hi

I understand that USMLERx complements First Aid, but I have also heard that there are other resources that many people use to annotate their notes (ie. other Qbanks, rapid review texts, BRS, etc.). Is the material covered by the Qbank solely based upon the information given in FA or is there a lot more information I could learn from the questions so that I could add/clarify the information in FA?

Ive heard good things about USMLErx but there are just so many test banks out there that picking a few are overwhelming. What kind of costumer support/discussion board do you guys have? Are the explanations detailed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like usmlerx is more to the point than usmle world? What do you guys think?

Depends on the question. IMO RX's main purpose is to get you through First aid and do so with a clinical context, which will help cement these facts into your head. I really like the fact that it directly is linked to FA, I just wish that it would give me the right page numbers.

I'm doing RX for 2 months then switching to UW for the real deal.

We provide questions that allow our subscribers to make their practice tests as easy or as difficult as they would like.

That's my favorite feature of USMLERx when I used it for Step 2. But, oddly enough, I'd do better on the harder questions than the medium questions. :eek:

Having used different test banks for Step 2, I really liked USMLERx's question and answer styles...it's much more rapid-fire and succinct than Kaplan or USMLEWorld (which are both good, too, for different reasons).

Can i choose to do the questions in a system based fashion as in uworld?

Are the questions in the Step 1 Qmax distinct from the ones in the First Aid Q&A book?

I have a question for people who are using both Kaplan Qbank and the USMLERx- which one do you like better and why? I have a little over 3 months to go until the Big Day and have been using Kaplan, but I'm not really liking it so far. I've heard really good things about USMLERx so I'm wondering if I should switch over. I'm planning on starting UWorld in about a month or so so I'd like something that can get me to look at FA more and whatnot.

Would you say your program is effective for COMLEX prep? Thank you!

Could you elaborate on your 100% pass guarantee for Step I?

From the 2010 thread

Pass the Boards Guarantee: If you fail the USMLE while using USMLERx, you may be eligible to receive a subscription extension equal in length to your original USMLERx subscription. To be eligible, you must:
have had an active, paid subscription on USMLERx within 7 days of your USMLE test date
provide us a copy of the failing score and the first NBME scheduling permit
provide us a copy of the second NBME scheduling permit for your next USMLE examination
Once information is verified, you will receive a subscription extension to the same USMLERx product equal in length to your original USMLERx subscription. Limit one extension per paid subscription. Offer void if you did not complete the USMLE examination.

Does USMLERx provide a suggested study schedule/number of questions to get through each day?

I have a question for people who are using both Kaplan Qbank and the USMLERx- which one do you like better and why? I have a little over 3 months to go until the Big Day and have been using Kaplan, but I'm not really liking it so far. I've heard really good things about USMLERx so I'm wondering if I should switch over. I'm planning on starting UWorld in about a month or so so I'd like something that can get me to look at FA more and whatnot.

Hab818,

I think U should take advantage of Kaplan Qbank since u started it.... U can learn so much from them. Always has been a great Qbank through the years.

But if u are getting tired of the kap--- and need to go through the FA I think Rx would be a great change, and specially to help u re-emphasize what U R doing with FA. But I wouldnt stop doing Kaplan. U can do it side by side. Even if u change up ur Qbanks.
I am considering doing the Rx myself--- to help me go thru the FA.

And UWorld of course is very important as well.

I myself am a believer of doing what U CAN DO.... According to TIME/& potential.
The IDEAL Thing is to DO AS MANY QUESTIONS AS U CAN--- To gain speed, familiarize urself really with a topic--in different ways.....& get it into UR Brain. The more U do, the more u will c the question in different ways....

CONCEPTS are so important. If u dont have time to go thru all explanations of all questions, maybe cut down from the qbanks... & limit urself.... But going thru explanations, and specially strengthening ur weakness' is very important.

But all the above Qbanks that u mentioned, are right on----
Even FA in the back will tell U...

Well my friend Good Luck in Ur studies.....
QUESTIONS__QUESTIONS__QUESTIONS/ CONCEPTS-----TIMING;)

is there a mechanism by which questions we missed can be aggregated for re-testing?

So the raffle is only for the Step 1 product? What about the rest of us who have already passed step 1 and need to study for the other steps?

How closely do your questions reflect those on the actual USMLE?

Hello,

Just wondering about your format. Are any of the questions in a block format, meaning do you have a sequence of questions that pertain to one scenario?

Also, do you have video/audio questions?

Thanks!

I've heard great things about USMLE Rx and sure hope to be able to win this raffle!

One question:
do you have an APP for the iphone or itouch that integrates the RX material?

I found a 'sample' version on the app store, but it only had like 15 questions.

What about for Androids?

Thanks

Is there a timed tutor mode where you can answer the question and see the answer immediately but still have the time running?
Thank you.

This is exactly what I need....a timed tutor mode

Is that an option on RX?

I really love how Rx tells you directly where in First Aid you can find relevant information regarding the questions and answer choices. :thumbup:

I really Dont know much about the Rx, only that I believe that it will me go thru the FA.

Ive heard in the past that once u have used up ur questions, that u cannot redo them, Is that true? I find that unlikely, since most of other qbanks have the choice to redo the corrects and incorrects.....

Its an honest question, please if someone that has used the Rx question can reply, I would truly appreciate it.

If not won by the raffle eventually I would be interested, in several Qbanks, and this would be one I would consider to help me go thru the FA---- But if I cant redo a question---I DON'T KNOW....

Thanks to all

Can you reset usmlerx? I know for uworld you can reset it once if you have the 6 months subscription. how about usmlerx?

Like First Aid, are the questions broken down in 2 ways? ie. Embryology/Pharmacology etc. and also Organ System?

Like First Aid, are the questions broken down in 2 ways? ie. Embryology/Pharmacology etc. and also Organ System?

There are >20 categories to set up exams with. You can do it by subject, or you can do it by organ system. It's quite nice tbh.

I am interested in knowing who authors the questions in the qbank?
Thank you.

DISCOUNT/PROMOTION: First Aid / USMLE-Rx Step 1 Qmax 6 month subscription

The promo is valid until 11pm on Tuesday, 11/18/14 and the subscription will be 50% off at $99 (originally $199). You can take advantage of the discount now and delay your subscription start date for up to 6 months if that better fits your Step study schedule.

DISCOUNT CODE: UTHSCQMAX1

Instructions:
1. Visit https://www.usmle-rx.com/content/step-1-qmax
2. Select the 6 month option and click "Subscribe Now"
3. On the shopping cart page, click "Checkout"
4. Create an account if you do not already have one
5. On the checkout page, enter UTHSCQMAX1 into the "enter discount codes" section and select "click to calculate discount"

Note: This is the best promotion that First aid/USMLE-Rx offers and cannot be paired with any other discounts. This is a new purchase promotion only (does not work on extensions). Valid for 100% pass guarantee. 5 day refund policy.