USMLERx Step 2 Qmax vs Step 1 Qmax

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChessMaster3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone's used both, and if they found one to be more difficult than the other. I am finding step 2 qmax significantly more difficult, and am trying to figure out if the questions are truly harder or if I just forgot a lot

Members don't see this ad.

is Step 2 qmax worth doing? i was really thinking of just getting a months subscription and hammering out those questions.

Curious about this as well. I used both UWorld and Rx for Step 1. Wasn't the biggest fan of Rx but it was nice having more questions. I have UWorld for Step 2 and was considering adding on Rx since it's on sale right now.

Curious about this as well. I used both UWorld and Rx for Step 1. Wasn't the biggest fan of Rx but it was nice having more questions. I have UWorld for Step 2 and was considering adding on Rx since it's on sale right now.

I'm going through it right now. I know I won't have time to finish it all, and honestly I'm +/- on it. Some of the questions are ridiculous with "what am i thinking" type answers, but many are great. I have definitely learned a lot with it. I will say, it's HARD. Whether hard translates into good step 2 prep is another question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going through it right now. I know I won't have time to finish it all, and honestly I'm +/- on it. Some of the questions are ridiculous with "what am i thinking" type answers, but many are great. I have definitely learned a lot with it. I will say, it's HARD. Whether hard translates into good step 2 prep is another question.

Yeah i started it a couple of days ago as well. Got through the Endocrine section, and now doing Family Med. I'm totally bombing the epidemiology and stats sections though :(

I'm generally an advocate of doing as many questions as possible, but many of the 2CK Rx ones (I'm ~80% through the QBank now) are poorly written. The Step 1 QBank is much better.

The concepts are important to take away from Rx 2CK, but take incorrect answers with a grain of salt.