USMLEWorld-How to do Qbank multiple times?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tripwm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have used the UWORLD, how do I ensure I can repeat all my questions multiple times?

I've been briefly introduced to the interface (already purchased my 360day), and the M3 I was talking to said that I was only allowed to reset the question bank once. Yet, he mentioned that there were some tricks to make sure that I could take back to back tests didn't have repeats (assuming I was hitting the same units).

What are those tricks?

Members don't see this ad.

The way most people do the Qbank a second time is using marked questions. Mark all your questions after you have done a block and they will appear under the marked option. When you do the qbank for the second/third time just pick marked questions. Each time you do a mark question it will become unmarked so you won't see the question repeatedly. The other option is do incorrect questions.

The way most people do the Qbank a second time is using marked questions. Mark all your questions after you have done a block and they will appear under the marked option. When you do the qbank for the second/third time just pick marked questions. Each time you do a mark question it will become unmarked so you won't see the question repeatedly. The other option is do incorrect questions.

You do realize that you can reset the QBank and do it fresh, don't you?

IMO, you should go back through incorrects at the end of the first pass. Then reset the QBank and go back through the whole thing again fresh. Then do the incorrect again. This comes out to 2 pure passes of UWorld + an extra several hundred questions of incorrects = 2+ total passes.

Reactions: 1 user

IMO, you should go back through incorrects at the end of the first pass. Then reset the QBank and go back through the whole thing again fresh. Then do the incorrect again. This comes out to 2 pure passes of UWorld + an extra several hundred questions of incorrects = 2+ total passes.
You can't reset unless you sign up for a year.

Members don't see this ad :)

As previously mentioned you don't actually have the option to reset unless you have a long subscription.

I was under the impression that I could only reset the QBank once with a 360 day subscription. Granted, I have not confirmed this.

I plan to do 2 full or full+ passes in April/May/June, but I enjoy using the QBank as a tool for practice questions throughout my blocks.

Perfect! That was what the M3 was suggesting.

I have the 180-day subscription and, yes, you can reset it.

You don't do it through the QBank itself (i.e. the icon on your desktop). You do it by logging in on the actual website and accessing your account options.

Was wondering how exactly to do the question bank again?

I finished all of the blocks...and all of the questions are marked...now if I do the incorrects are they under the marked ones as well?

Further, if I go and do marked blocks, do I have to UNMARK them as I go thru them?

Thanks...kinda confused! :(