USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 1 - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the USMLE World questions divided up? What kinds of categories?

If I feel weak in one area, can I keep repeating questions that I have trouble with?

Is it possible to focus on a single subject?

Members don't see this ad.

As COMLEX tends to have more Microbiology and less Biochem, would you say that USMLE World does a good job at covering Micro enough to prep for COMLEX? Thanks!

How comparable is the style and amount of grouped questions/vignettes in the UWorld QBank to the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has USMLE World integrated audio questions yet? Or is that still coming?

Step 1 content will change again this may. How many questions do you add to your qbank to reflect those changes?

Mddoc great question to the USMLEWORLD team, thanks USMLEWORLD for ur response.

MDDOC I have a question if u can please answer it for me:
Where did you get this information that they will be making new changes 2 the step 1 Exam?(from the official website?) What kind of changes?

MDDOC Thanks & good Luck in ur studies...

TO: UWORLD, through others post I have learned so much. Thank You.

I submitted multiple corrections while doing UW qbank for Step 1 through the feedback option but never received an acknowledgement.

Is there a way to receive a group discount if a number of medical students from the same school purchase the qbank but not for the same amount of time?

How close is the formatting to the actual USMLE?

How are the USMLE World questions divided up? What kinds of categories?

If I feel weak in one area, can I keep repeating questions that I have trouble with?

Is it possible to focus on a single subject?

They are divided by organ system and by component (biochem, anatomy, etc). You can set up exams however you wish, assuming that you have enough questions (some subjects have more than others).

You also get a percentile score for all of your work.

DO student. If the match doesn't go as planned, considering taking Step 1.
I took Step 2CK, and exclusively used UWorld for a month and did pretty well.

If one was to only do UW for Step 1 and compliment it with DIT/FA, is this good enough to manage a 230+?

What is the best approach to using your QBank for Step 1? Any changes being made to UW with the trend of the exam going more towards the clinical vignette style?

Thanks, this is an awesome product!

If one was to only do UW for Step 1 and compliment it with DIT/FA, is this good enough to manage a 230+?

What is the best approach to using your QBank for Step 1? Any changes being made to UW with the trend of the exam going more towards the clinical vignette style?

I know guys that are scoring >260 on step one and exclusively used First Aid and Uworld. With that said, they are ~4.0 students in medical school, and have built a strong base to review on.

Hello,

I have always heard that UWorld is actually harder than the exam, however I would like my question bank to be more reflective of the exam, not just a portion of the exam. Do you consider UWorld reflective of the exam?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if 3 months of USMLE World is enough? I am doing DIT questions every week and using the 20 week plan that they devised personally for me, but have not purchased a Qbank yet. I am waiting until 3 months before my exam scheduled for June 30th. I also will use First Aid, of course. Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts. Thank you!

The subscriptions are in 30 day increments. Is there a way to add on an additional week once the 30 or 60 day subscription is purchased? If I have a 36 day study schedule, can I add an additional week, or do I need to purchase a whole 30 days again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if 3 months of USMLE World is enough? I am doing DIT questions every week and using the 20 week plan that they devised personally for me, but have not purchased a Qbank yet. I am waiting until 3 months before my exam scheduled for June 30th. I also will use First Aid, of course. Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts. Thank you!
I think it really depends on how fast you go through questions. 3 months of qbank should be enough. Roughly 2000 questions comes to 150 questions a week. DIT provides questions during the review period as well. Are you taking courses as well or do you have 3 months of uninterrupted study time? If you are simply studying for 3 months straight with no class work, then you might need additional question sources.

. Hi dr4life, Many of my friends have passed with only FA and UW only for step1 with more than 230 But also others felt that they needed kaplan to fill in the gaps. Therefore it all depends on several factors. Its really about how strong ur foundation is, along with other things. But u passed step2 therefore, this might be a good plan 4 u. By the way Congrats. If u dont mind i have a question 4 u: did u use dit for step 2 ? If so, how was it? Thank u and Good Luck in ur studies :)

What does the Biostatistics & Epidemiology Review course involve and has anyone here used it? What do people on here think about it?

I am taking classes at the same time, but hope to be able to focus more on the USMLE. I just am concerned because other students are using USMLE World for 6 months. Thank you for your reply and for the info on what is coming with DIT, footprints13!

. Hi dr4life, Many of my friends have passed with only FA and UW only for step1 with more than 230 But also others felt that they needed kaplan to fill in the gaps. Therefore it all depends on several factors. Its really about how strong ur foundation is, along with other things. But u passed step2 therefore, this might be a good plan 4 u. By the way Congrats. If u dont mind i have a question 4 u: did u use dit for step 2 ? If so, how was it? Thank u and Good Luck in ur studies :)

I did use DIT for Step2CK and COMLEX Step 2.
I felt it helped me a lot (I felt it was more helpful for COMLEX, but nonetheless, still helpful for USMLE), and also helped me clinically on the wards, I feel that I'm able to pick up on certain cues or when asked Q's, I'm able to answer them. It's helped me impress on auditions and receive stellar letters, but not taking USMLE Step 1 did hurt me in the app process. Thanks for your support and hopefully this helps you decide to use DIT for Step 2.

I know guys that are scoring >260 on step one and exclusively used First Aid and Uworld. With that said, they are ~4.0 students in medical school, and have built a strong base to review on.

Yeah, standardized exams aren't my forte, so I feel >230 is more doable for me. However, I'd have to set my max to the limits if I don't match.

Mddoc great question to the USMLEWORLD team, thanks USMLEWORLD for ur response.

MDDOC I have a question if u can please answer it for me:
Where did you get this information that they will be making new changes 2 the step 1 Exam?(from the official website?) What kind of changes?

MDDOC Thanks & good Luck in ur studies...

TO: UWORLD, through others post I have learned so much. Thank You.

Thank you esperanza27. I remember reading it on their site.

I also keep hearing about how USMLE World is the best of the Qbanks, but it costs more than, say, Gunner in Training. What's the added benefit that justifies the cost?

As errors are found in the questions or answers, is there a way we can be notified? Heard great things about this site.

I've heard that some students use the world qbank during 3rd year to help with shelf exams. Please enter me in the raffle!! thanks

Several students I've talked to say that USMLE world makes it impossible to tab out of your program while its running. As someone who likes to take notes on his First Aid PDF while going through questions, that would be highly inconvenient. Is it true?

Hi,
I was wondering when it would be more valuable to use the Step 1 Assessment versus the QBank and vice versa.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.