Usn Campus Choice for Outstate people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gvsk

pharMAFIA!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is an important question that i need answered really fast as have to send my acceptance letter...

ususlly people are selcting the campus in which they live. what shud outstate people choose as their primary campus

Please dont consider living exenses too much as observed that rents are not much different form henderson and south jordan,

Please tell me what campus i shud pick considering i am an outsate., Please consider the follwing factors academics, professionalism, faculty, student groups, 3 yrs of our life, campus

Pls also metion what all in the above factors are good at USN henderson or SOuth jordan

Members don't see this ad.

The real questions is which city better fits you. Because USN shares faculty at both campus and everything is set up very similar at both campuses your educational experience will be very similar at both campuses. The main difference will be which city will fit your life style better. You can find what ever type of lifestyle you want where ever you are, it just may take a little more effort in one city than the other.

Sit down and make a list of what you want from the city you will live in. Then make a pros and cons list for each city. No one can tell you which city will be better for you, only you can decide this. You will need to spend some time researching the areas. There is plenty of info on the internet, but you must yourself do the research and make the decision, because it is your choice.

Good Luck.

make a pros and cons list for each city. No one can tell you which city will be better for you, only you can decide this. You will need to spend some time researching the areas. There is plenty of info on the internet, but you must yourself do the research and make the decision, because it is your choice.

Good Luck.

I agree 100%!

GVSK you seem to sure be flip-flopping a lot. I know it is a tough decision but also it is a good thing USN is patient with you:) Make a list of pros/cons, make the decision, and meet your deadlines!

One other thought for you GVSK. Have you asked USN if you can get a list of current students and their contact info at both the Utah and Nevada campuses? Maybe it would help to try these folks. Pretty much everyone you talk to on this forum is a future student. It would likely help you more if you directed your questions to current students. But you'll still need to make the decision!

Best wishes to you!

and oh yeah in the case that a few more websites might help here ya go; for the Salt lake/South Jordan area http://www.slco.org/life/life.html and http://www.southjordancity.org/ and then some for the Las Vegas/Henderson Area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas#Boundaries and http://www.cityofhenderson.com/index.php

Members don't see this ad :)
I also agree. This is a personal choice. Nobody can make up your mind except for you. They both have the same classes. Utah has a smaller class size, but again it is up to you to decide what campus is a better fit. I really think that the main factor that people make their decision on is where they want to live... Utah or Nevada...plain and simple.

I also don't think that the current students can give you advice because they only know what it is like at the campus they are at. Henderson campus is more established, but does that make it better? Who knows? The current folks at Utah can start organizations on their campus if they want..all if takes is motivation and leadership.:thumbup:

thanks Smilescali for chiming in:)

There is now one current student on the board for you GVSK:)

thanas for ur replies....

SInce i cant get any much info on south jordan abt their classes etc staff, and also not all staff is transferred to south jordan. there is no info on sth jordan on the web site too.

Also people choose it cos of cost of living and people who are allready in souh jordan.

Just tell me how good is the staff at USN henderson other related isssues of henderson, other activities involved with class work.

here is the pic of both the campuses

henderson campus

usnhendeu9.jpg

SOuth Jordan Campus

usnsouthjriodanly8.jpg

SOuth jordan looks very desertish.......

so what do u people want me to do.. i dont mind living any where.. but wanna know abt the how every thing is conducted on a daily basis at henderson or south jordan

Lets keep it simple.

Salt Lake City: Mormons. Vegas: Sin City.

Which appeals more?

For me, I wouldn't survive in Salt Lake City. Vegas all the way.

is this south jordan campus or i am wrong abt this also
usnsothjordanbg8.jpg

today is the day of my campus decision

I am a hardwoker at studoes but i am out goind person also.... if i stay at SLC 4 3 yrs and life will be definitely dull and life there afetr may continue

althogh wont havb time to enjoiy las vegas... Entertainment is necessary when we take a break from this type of tough curriculum

so far i havent seen any one posting on south jordan campus. i guess no one knows abt it.
in case any one does pls reply

It all depends on the type of entertainment you want. Vegas definelty will offer you much more in terms of the hollywoood/broadway activities and will also offer you more in terms of a "nightlife". SLC will offer you more in terms of recreational outdoor activities.

We are all a witness to the stressing out that has occured with your decision! Whatever you decide I'm sure it will work out for you. Best wishes w/ not only your decision but also on wrapping up your pre-reqs this Summer and your move to the Western United States.

changd to henderson my frind just email dr deyong

Lets keep it simple.

Salt Lake City: Mormons. Vegas: Sin City.

Which appeals more?

For me, I wouldn't survive in Salt Lake City. Vegas all the way.

Nothing wrong with Mormons. Besides there's a whole lot going on in Utah besides the Mormons. Not to mention Sin City has its fair share of them as well. You can do just as much sinning in Utah as you can in Las Vegas, minus legalized prostitution and gambling (Neither of which would be very affordable for a poor pharmacy student anyway:D ). It may be a little less obvious depending on which part of the city you're in though. I do agree you'll have more opportunities for entertainment in Henderson than you will in Utah, unless you're the outdoorsy type.

The Henderson campus is just as much desert as Utah, they just apparently aren't irrigating as well in SJ as they are in Henderson.

Nothing wrong with Mormons. Besides there's a whole lot going on in Utah besides the Mormons. Not to mention Sin City has its fair share of them as well. You can do just as much sinning in Utah as you can in Las Vegas, minus legalized prostitution and gambling (Neither of which would be very affordable for a poor pharmacy student anyway:D ). It may be a little less obvious depending on which part of the city you're in though. I do agree you'll have more opportunities for entertainment in Henderson than you will in Utah, unless you're the outdoorsy type.

The Henderson campus is just as much desert as Utah, they just apparently aren't irrigating as well in SJ as they are in Henderson.

good points. The % of Mormons in the Greater Salt Lake Valley is less than that in most other parts of the State of Utah. Now if you move to the South to Utah County(Provo/Orem, American Fork, etc.) or to the North to South Davis County (Bountiful, Centerville, etc.) than yes you might come to realize that, depending on where you live, 3/4ths or more of your neighbors are Mormons(LDS)

As far as the irrigated area around South Jordan is concerned I can say from having been there 2 or 3 times in the past few months that it is actually a fairly green area, as far as Utah/Nevada deseret are concerned, but is rather undergoing a ton of construction (both commercial and residential).

whats the deal with mormons.. can u please elucidate,,. i dont have a fair idea abt the topic of mormons

Theres nothing wrong with mormons. I was just trying to point out lifestyles in Salt Lake City are vastly different than in Vegas.