USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can someone clarify how hard the 3 year program is? i need to know before i settle becuse I don't know if i will be able to handle a 90% passing score and also do an accelerated thing. I have mostly B's at a UC. Do they just say its 90% passing but the exam is really easy or is it really hard? becuase I've heard many people say different things. some are like omg ists so hard you have to get so and so right out of only a few questions if you get one wrong you're screwed etc. other people say its passable. if you went to a UC and got a 3.0ish please let me know how you're doing at USN.
hi xanaxation
it is MUCH easier than in UC system, at least to me, if you get GPA around 3.0 ish, you definitely can survive and pass with 90% score, because all of the questions are multiple choices, and the material is directly from the lecture notes, raw memorization, there is no critical thinking requirement like UC's exam,
JUST relax, don't stress out, don't listen to anyone else, because they simply exaggerated things,

Members don't see this ad.

Dont listen. USN is super hard and everyone should drop out! Listen to Mr. Blah. I need at least 76 to 100 people to drop ;). lol

USN students,
I am a student at USN as well and
I am renting my whole basement. My house is 3 mins away from South Jordan campus. call AR ASAP at 801-688-0937.

Hey. Just incase I get accepted in the Utah location, how much is rent?

Members don't see this ad :)
So for those that have been accepted...How is the paper work going? All I really have left is getting my updated shots, everything else I think i have taken care of. What is everyone doing financially? Unfortunately im going to take out max loans this year (around 65 grand from what the financial pdf showed) because my wife just had a baby and will be in school in the fall, so she cant work. Im gonna try to work 10-20 hours a week as an intern once we get our lisences, I have a few connections here in SLC to get on with. I figured I would take out the max this first year and see how it goes from there, hopefully I will have plenty left by P2 that I only need to take out the loan for tuition costs. To be honest I get more worried over repaying the loans after school than any of the classwork. Hows everyone else doing?

So for those that have been accepted...How is the paper work going? All I really have left is getting my updated shots, everything else I think i have taken care of. What is everyone doing financially? Unfortunately im going to take out max loans this year (around 65 grand from what the financial pdf showed) because my wife just had a baby and will be in school in the fall, so she cant work. Im gonna try to work 10-20 hours a week as an intern once we get our lisences, I have a few connections here in SLC to get on with. I figured I would take out the max this first year and see how it goes from there, hopefully I will have plenty left by P2 that I only need to take out the loan for tuition costs. To be honest I get more worried over repaying the loans after school than any of the classwork. Hows everyone else doing?

It's coming along, I'm just waiting on my shots too unfortunately my mother didn't keep up with immunization cards so I had to get titers done. I'm pretty sure I will be taking out max loans this year too :(

I figured I should tell you guys...one of my friends has decided to decline USN. Good news for the next person on the waiting list.

:) Good news! I hope that your friend got into his or her first choice! And the wait goes ooooooooonnnnnn....

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info and feedback I have received on this thread. I have lost hope for getting in this year. A sincere good luck to all those who made it this year.

Summit.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info and feedback I have received on this thread. I have lost hope for getting in this year. A sincere good luck to all those who made it this year.

Summit.

Don't give up!! There's still 2 months before the semester starts...Anything could happen.

I don't know if this question have been answered or not, but is the wait list number, the status for both campusus or the one that we had interview for?!!

I think its an overall number for seats total. I would assume if you are on the waiting list you wouldnt be picky about which campus you got accepted into. I could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its an overall number for seats total. I would assume if you are on the waiting list you wouldnt be picky about which campus you got accepted into. I could be wrong though.

Some people are picky...There was an option that states if a the person to get in Nevada, Utah, or both.

Yeah I remember the option box, but I would think this late in the process the wait list is just lumped together...but then again there are those picky people. I know if it was me still waiting I would take anything.

Yeah I remember the option box, but I would think this late in the process the wait list is just lumped together...but then again there are those picky people. I know if it was me still waiting I would take anything.

Same.

Thanks guys! Yes, I picked both campuses as options of the wait list. I will go to Utah or Nevada, I won't mind. Thanks again!

So any SoJo USNers here? Doing my BLS training the 23rd of August, wondering if anyone else is that day too.

Hey everyone,

Summit.

Same :(. Talk to you on SDN next year.

I haven't heard anything from Fin Aid yet. I thought we were supposed to get our packages by the end of June. I am about to start selling my friends Kidney's (they only need one!).

The rest of my paperwork is done. The only thing left is the immunizations and background check. I just found out that Hep A has something in it that I am allergic to, but I managed to get the Hep B. I have been sitting here with cotton mouth ever since. :p

Anybody find a decent place to live yet? I have been looking at reviews online, but some of them are creepy to say the least...

I haven't heard anything from Fin Aid yet. I thought we were supposed to get our packages by the end of June. I am about to start selling my friends Kidney's (they only need one!).

The rest of my paperwork is done. The only thing left is the immunizations and background check. I just found out that Hep A has something in it that I am allergic to, but I managed to get the Hep B. I have been sitting here with cotton mouth ever since. :p

Anybody find a decent place to live yet? I have been looking at reviews online, but some of them are creepy to say the least...

Are you attending Henderson or SoJo? I had a PM from someone attending Henderson that just barely got the financial aid bracketing, so you should be getting it. What packet are you talking about? I havent recieved anything via snail mail, its all been email.

Are you attending Henderson or SoJo? I had a PM from someone attending Henderson that just barely got the financial aid bracketing, so you should be getting it. What packet are you talking about? I havent recieved anything via snail mail, its all been email.

I am attending Henderson. I have gotten the insurance paperwork through snail mail, but the rest by email. I haven't heard from Fin Aid yet. I talked to the secretary a few weeks ago and she said we should hear something by the end of June. I am just wondering if I need to put some of my friends kidneys on Ebay or not to pay for this year....

Hi Guys!! Happy 4th to Everyone! Hopefully next year we will be watching fireworks in Vegas!! :)

What kind of financial aid can you get at USN?

I am attending Henderson. I have gotten the insurance paperwork through snail mail, but the rest by email. I haven't heard from Fin Aid yet. I talked to the secretary a few weeks ago and she said we should hear something by the end of June. I am just wondering if I need to put some of my friends kidneys on Ebay or not to pay for this year....

I wouldn't panic yet. I turned in my financial aid paperwork late and talked to someone in financial aid and she said that they are processing the MBA program students first and then they will do the regular non-MBA program folks. I haven't received my award letter yet but neither has one of my friends who turned everything in on time. I wouldn't freak out unless you find that everyone else got an award letter and you haven't received one. Then I'd call financial aid and see what's up with that.

I havent received anything from snail mail except for info about the MBA program, which im holding off of for now. I just got the email about the drug screen and background checks, why the hell doesnt our tuition pay for this crap. Hopefully stuff comes soon. How is the housing hunt coming for everyone?

180 bones for a new vericella series hurts too....i should have just done the titer test :(

180 bones for a new vericella series hurts too....i should have just done the titer test :(

I went to my current U's health department and they did the titer for $40. I have gotten the Hep's for $10 each, a polio booster for $28, then the MMR and Tdap for $10 each. Check with your local U and your state health department. As bad as those totals sound, my Dr wanted to charge $680 for everything....guess she has student loans she is trying to pay off too... :rolleyes:

NOTHING for me!! But I don't expect anything happen until mid-late august. Apparently everybody who got accepted paid their deposits. So we have to see if they get into their top choices, so they will decline their acceptance at USN. Or people from top wait list get into their first choice schools! I don't know the deadline for tuition payment though! Maybe by that time we get an answer!! Good luck Jew unit! Hang in there! :)

diastole, I just wanted to thank you (again) for all the information/opinions you provided about the P1 curriculum. The work does seem doable. I've completely enjoyed the summer for 2 months and I'm going to start studying next week. :)

Also, I was wondering, did you or are you working as an intern while in school? If you are and if anyone else knows about this, I'm curious about paid intern jobs. For example, if a student has no pharmacy experience (no pharmacy technician license), it's still possible to find paid entry-level intern positions after the student has gotten his/her license right?

So any SoJo USNers here? Doing my BLS training the 23rd of August, wondering if anyone else is that day too.

Me! But I'm doing mine tomorrow. :D

Ouch, this stuff is really adding up for me too, but this is the easy part :)

Doesn't your insurance pay for shots? Mine paid for everything except the co-pay. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm surprised we have to pay for the drug screening and background check.

diastole, I just wanted to thank you (again) for all the information/opinions you provided about the P1 curriculum. The work does seem doable. I've completely enjoyed the summer for 2 months and I'm going to start studying next week. :)

Also, I was wondering, did you or are you working as an intern while in school? If you are and if anyone else knows about this, I'm curious about paid intern jobs. For example, if a student has no pharmacy experience (no pharmacy technician license), it's still possible to find paid entry-level intern positions after the student has gotten his/her license right?

I wasn't working as an intern the past year. I assume it is possible to find a position with no experience but it might be tough with the economy being down.

Doesn't your insurance pay for shots? Mine paid for everything except the co-pay. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm surprised we have to pay for the drug screening and background check.

My insurance charged me $75 for the TST, TDAP and titers I needed because supposedly that stuff counts as a school physical which isn't covered. Then when my titers came back and I found out I needed the Hep A and B vaccines, my doctors office didn't do those so I had to go to the health department for those and pay separate. So I'm not as bad off as most. But all in all these costs are adding up fast.

Im poor and not on insurance until school starts lol! I wish i had my loans for all of this crap, its making me put stuff on my credit card :(

Also found out not to really expect anything snail mail. And for the So Jo'ers we probably wont get our checks until the first week in september, because they are reimburst to the henderson campus first and then have to travel to utah, le gay.

Hey has anyone heard anything about financial aid yet? I know someone said that they do the mba students first but I don't want to be surprised in august and find out there was a problem with my financial aid you know?! diastole would they have told you by now if you are actually going to receive funding?

I just got my financial aid award letter in my email yesterday from francis (Utah campus) so it must be in the process. If you are worried I would just call the financial aid person at whichever campus you are at.

Hey has anyone heard anything about financial aid yet? I know someone said that they do the mba students first but I don't want to be surprised in august and find out there was a problem with my financial aid you know?! diastole would they have told you by now if you are actually going to receive funding?

I'm still waiting, I called the Financial Aid office today (Henderson) and was just told that they received all of my paperwork and that I should be hearing something in the next couple weeks. :xf:

I'm still waiting, I called the Financial Aid office today (Henderson) and was just told that they received all of my paperwork and that I should be hearing something in the next couple weeks. :xf:

Hi Sugadarlin,

Same boat here. I haven't heard any from the USN FA office .I would called them but have been busy at work; i try to drop by this forum today( i haven't did for a while. Sometimes. I checked Class 2013 facebook group but see only MBA students got the fund)
Anyway, I should wait ...snail process...and i will come over Henderson this weekend to check rooms to rent.

Thanks for your update
:)

I haven't heard anything either. Last year, I got worried, sent an email to Financial Aid and then got my award letter the next day. Maybe they bump you to the top of the list if you are freaking out?

Hi Everyone,
USN is a school I am considering applying to when their application cycle opens up, but I wanted to ask the people in this thread who have already been accepted some things:
First, for the PharmD/MBA program, on their website it says it would take "about as long as the PharmD program takes, 3 years"...does this mean 3 total for both programs, or 3 + 3 for a total of 6?
Second, during your interview or any campus visits, where you able to communicate with any present students there? I've been reading negative posts here on SDN from disgruntled students, and I'm curious if any students on campus were able to give you any feedback?

The MBA program and the Pharm. D program combined is 3 years, you spend one year taking the pharm. D program and then during the first 6 weeks of summer (I think) you take your MBA classes.

As for students, only P1 students are available when I went there, that's it.

Hi Everyone,
USN is a school I am considering applying to when their application cycle opens up, but I wanted to ask the people in this thread who have already been accepted some things:
First, for the PharmD/MBA program, on their website it says it would take "about as long as the PharmD program takes, 3 years"...does this mean 3 total for both programs, or 3 + 3 for a total of 6?
Second, during your interview or any campus visits, where you able to communicate with any present students there? I've been reading negative posts here on SDN from disgruntled students, and I'm curious if any students on campus were able to give you any feedback?

You get the MBA in 3 years at the same time you are getting the PharmD. They take classes during our summer breaks.

Last year for interviews, there were P1s doing the interviews or giving the tours. The P2s were off campus working their day in the pharmacy so you wouldn't have a chance to talk to them. I assume it will be set up the same way this year but I'm just guessing there.

Hi Everyone,

When I interviewed in Utah there was a p1 student in the interview group, but a p3 gave us a tour around the building and let us ask questions and stuff, so there were a few students around when I interviewed.

When I interviewed in Utah there was a p1 student in the interview group, but a p3 gave us a tour around the building and let us ask questions and stuff, so there were a few students around when I interviewed.

So I guess my main question was, if you guys were able to speak with current students, did they have positive things to say? And did you get the sense they they were happy with their school choice?

So I guess my main question was, if you guys were able to speak with current students, did they have positive things to say? And did you get the sense they they were happy with their school choice?

Yeah, of course they will give you positives, but the girl that gave us the tour was also down to earth and honest, which was nice. And yeah she seemed happy, she was ready to graduate in 2 months :p.