USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got one,too! Does not look very promissing though! sigh! well, there is always next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Who's reapplying? Applications open in a week and a half :)

For reapplicants, I strongly advise having something meaningful to put in your reapplicant essay. You don't want to get to that part and BS your way through it. Retake the PCAT, volunteer, get more pharmacy experience, etc. Just do something.

Members don't see this ad :)
For reapplicants, I strongly advise having something meaningful to put in your reapplicant essay. You don't want to get to that part and BS your way through it. Retake the PCAT, volunteer, get more pharmacy experience, etc. Just do something.[/QUOT

Thank you for all your information. I got waitlisted and I don't think I will get in this year. Should I mention that I got waitlisted in that specific part of reapplicant essay, or they can just see it by matching my social?!!

Who's reapplying? Applications open in a week and a half :)

EDIT: never mind! I found last year's app. How is it that I did not see it last time I checked? Oh boy - need to improve my attention to detail hmmmm

I wish I had looked at the app last year while it was still available. Beyond the objective data like grades, etc... what do they ask? Are there several essays? etc....Is it general stuff like: why Pharmacy and how have you prepared? or is there more? Just trying to start to wrap my brain around what I will be writing.

All of you guys that got waitlisted this year would you mind sharing your stats? Also are you a resident or a non resident? Do you have a bachelors? I am applying this cycle. Just want to see who I am competing against :):):)

All of you guys that got waitlisted this year would you mind sharing your stats? Also are you a resident or a non resident? Do you have a bachelors? I am applying this cycle. Just want to see who I am competing against :):):)

I had a GPA of 3.7 and PCAT composit score of 84. The last time i got an email in June saying i was in the top 20 of wait list. I think I got waitlisted because i interviewed with a harsh professor called Dr. Barclay and also i raised some of the stuff that was written here on SDN as a concern at the end of the interview. My question was 'that USN gratuates have a hard time getting into residency due to their grading system. Eventhough he admitted it i don't think he liked that question. In the end it did not matter to me because i got accepted to my first choice school. I am attending University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is a great School.

Good luck to all of you guys.

I had a GPA of 3.7 and PCAT composit score of 84. The last time i got an email in June saying i was in the top 20 of wait list. I think I got waitlisted because i interviewed with a harsh professor called Dr. Barclay and also i raised some of the stuff that was written here on SDN as a concern at the end of the interview. My question was 'that USN gratuates have a hard time getting into residency due to their grading system. Eventhough he admitted it i don't think he liked that question. In the end it did not matter to me because i got accepted to my first choice school. I am attending University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is a great School.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Thank you for sharing! Congrats for getting accepted to Wisconsin. I have been so worried about the interview(Im hoping to get one), you never know who will be interviewing you. :(

For reapplicants, I strongly advise having something meaningful to put in your reapplicant essay. You don't want to get to that part and BS your way through it. Retake the PCAT, volunteer, get more pharmacy experience, etc. Just do something.[/QUOT

Thank you for all your information. I got waitlisted and I don't think I will get in this year. Should I mention that I got waitlisted in that specific part of reapplicant essay, or they can just see it by matching my social?!!

I'm not sure. I know they are going to know you are a reapplicant but I don't know about the waitlist. You could always mention it in your interview. Saying something like, "last year I got waitlisted, so I did this, that, and the other thing to improve because I really want to get into USN" will get the info out there and highlight the positives.

Well, orientation week is over. Got the laptop, got the white coat, got the rotation assignment for the year and got our first assignment haha. Ready to get this ball rolling. How did everyone elses orientatino week go?

Free food always makes me happy. Sadly, that does not last.

Free food always makes me happy. Sadly, that does not last.

Yeah we only had the one day of free food, sandwiches from harmons....for 40 grand they didnt taste that great :laugh:.

PHAR 440 starts tomorrow, pharmacy administration, I have 4 articles to read by tomorrow, welcome back to school i guess!

Yeah we only had the one day of free food, sandwiches from harmons....for 40 grand they didnt taste that great :laugh:.

PHAR 440 starts tomorrow, pharmacy administration, I have 4 articles to read by tomorrow, welcome back to school i guess!

You didn't get the Wal-Mart BBQ? Oh, that's not right. They had a choice of steak or chicken, baked potatoes with the full fixings, veggie type finger food, cookies, and some other food. It was a good BBQ. Families were even allowed to attend. Some of my classmates have cute kids.

Who is teaching PHAR 440?

You didn't get the Wal-Mart BBQ? Oh, that's not right. They had a choice of steak or chicken, baked potatoes with the full fixings, veggie type finger food, cookies, and some other food. It was a good BBQ. Families were even allowed to attend. Some of my classmates have cute kids.

Who is teaching PHAR 440?

You know, i heard about the bbq from a pharmacist that graduated in 09...but all we got were some sandwiches...I wonder if the bbq is just a p2 thing or a henderson thing...either way im jealous :mad:

Unni is teaching 440. Have you had her?

You know, i heard about the bbq from a pharmacist that graduated in 09...but all we got were some sandwiches...I wonder if the bbq is just a p2 thing or a henderson thing...either way im jealous :mad:

Unni is teaching 440. Have you had her?

I think it is a Henderson thing. This year all the classes plus their families were invited.

I haven't even heard of Unni. We had that block just before winter break with a different prof. It was easy but so very dull. Good luck.

I think it is a Henderson thing. This year all the classes plus their families were invited.

I haven't even heard of Unni. We had that block just before winter break with a different prof. It was easy but so very dull. Good luck.

We actually just got an email and its this thursday, im lookin forward to the good eatin :thumbup:

Yeah, Unni is a new professor as of last year, its her second time teaching the course. I think she is only a Utah professor. The class is pretty dull....screw insurances and HMO's and PPO's and the history of healthcare...haha.