USN Question: What are the chances for acceptance with an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
USN shows 380 interviews for 130 spots, i believe. That seems like a high number for the number of spots. Does this mean that not many people get acceptances? Or do many people get accepted and decide not to attend?

I heard that USN was relatively easy to get into, but perhaps not so starting this year? Has the quality of applicants been improving every year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

pharmerted said:
USN shows 380 interviews for 130 spots, i believe. That seems like a high number for the number of spots. Does this mean that not many people get acceptances? Or do many people get accepted and decide not to attend?

I heard that USN was relatively easy to get into, but perhaps not so starting this year? Has the quality of applicants been improving every year?

Thanks!

I actually don't think that is too bad. It seems average to me. For USC, it was about 500-550 interviewees for 190 seats. For Western University, it was about 400 interviewees for 100 seats. It's going to be competitive however you slice it.

:luck:
pharmerted said:

Thanks!

USN has become VERY hard to get into. Some of my classmates tried to get in and didn't even recieve an interview. They base their admittance on GPA to get an interview and then it is based on your GPA again as well as how you did on the interview. They only give one point to those who have a degree. I have also heard that they have a lot of people that apply from California, so they tend to lose some of their applicants to CA schools if they get in. Hope this helps. :) Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
is USN heavy on the gpa + pcat? or do they heacbily consider pharmacy experience and well-rounded personality?

since usn is a new school, it sounds like they prefer academically strong people so that their school will be a success. the whole 95% pass/fail thing seems to echo this too.

i'm just wondering, because at maryland, even a 4.0 won't get you in, if they don't like you or you apply late!!

pharmerted said:
is USN heavy on the gpa + pcat? or do they heacbily consider pharmacy experience and well-rounded personality?

since usn is a new school, it sounds like they prefer academically strong people so that their school will be a success. the whole 95% pass/fail thing seems to echo this too.

i'm just wondering, because at maryland, even a 4.0 won't get you in, if they don't like you or you apply late!!

USN doesn't require PCAT. They place a very heavy weight on GPA both prereq. and overall. In the interview I think they are looking for professionalism and personality over experience.

pharmerted said:

Thanks!

I think that's the norm. 60 pt from your GPA, 40 pt from interview. you score a 91 or higher you will get a automatic acceptance. Any lower, you might have to wait. good luck to us all :)