USN-South Jordan Class 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEAWE

THE SPIRIT OF KEAWE
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, is anyone from the University of Southern Nevada, and going to the South Jordan Campus? None of the threads I have read are Utah, just Henderson students. Please I would like to know the difference between the two campuses, besides snow vs. sunny and longer intern hours. How are the staff and students? Who is starting at South Jordan in August, class of 2011? Thanks! I am very nervous, because I do not come from the snow. I am from the desert and have traveled the islands for 5 years. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! glad you make this thread. I will be starting in SJ this August too and just like you am nervous about it. I have never been to Utah and my interview was in Nevada. I am not fond of the snow either, come from the desert myself. Hopefully someone from Utah can tell us a bit about it.

Hello!
We all seem to be on the same boat! :) I'm going to be moving to Utah in mid-August, I've never been in SLC, or anywhere in Utah for that matter, and I interviewed in Henderson. But my decision to go to South Jordan was a conscious one, I had a choice of a campus and I decided Utah will work better for me. I don't like the desert and I miss real trees and 4 seasons (I've been in SoCal for 5 years now and palm trees are getting old :laugh:.) I also love the outdoors and there's I think 5 national parks within a driving distance from SLC which is very exciting.

I'm planning on going to SLC for a weekend at the beginning of July to try to rent a place. I've done some research already but I'd love to get some input about the areas and the commute from people who actually know the city. I was thinking Sugarhouse or Avenues would be great to live in but the commute seems to be about 20 miles which is a bit longer than what I'd hope for.
Maybe we can get some comments from the current students in SJ in regards to good areas to live in within a reasonable commute?

Also, I don't think people going to Utah are less friendly or anything, but the campus is smaller and newer so automatically you have less people who could contribute to the discussion.

See you all in August!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is her/him name on this forum: ToFu and Twinkle Twinkle.
Twinkle Twinkle is like us starting in August and is from Utah. Twinkle expressed a Beautiful Utah with seasons and kind people. Here is ToFu's post and excellent advise, she is a P2 student, too.
Hope you did not mind ToFu.
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']i think this is a very good place to stay in...i have a few classmates stay at this address: very near school =) and not expensive... =) you'll enjoy it, it is a very good place...trust me!....

Legends At River Oaks
9425 S. Riverside Drive
Sandy, UT 84070 -6557
Phone: (866)889-0120

=)
hope that helps.....

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']oh yeah, and we (the p2) students will take you out when we see you in AUGUST! let's go eat and go bowling if you want....don't be afraid! i was just like you when i got here, but i was lucky that i met so many friends before i came here....so...i'll do the same to you too if you guys are not familiar with the area....=D no worries... .

Hey guys I found a really great yahoo group that belongs to the students attending the both USN and South Jordan. I was able to ask the students questions about the interview process and what the advantages and disadvantages of each campus is. Oh and they even have photos of the class ceremony where they get their white coats and are take the pharmacy oath.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/usnrx2011/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

Hope this helps!