USNews 2004 Rankings Predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If they're out, someone post them. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by bw07
If they're out, someone post them. :)

i might stop by campus bookstore tomorrow to look at some stuff. i'll post the info if there's anything there in the magazines section. however, i doubt its out yet.

No, they're out. I saw them at the bookstore today... as far as I can tell they're pretty much the same (big surprise).

Members don't see this ad :)
I predict Harvard will be #1 in Medicine this year!!!

What do you guys think?

Someone post the top 10 so we see how close people were :D

Its a cruel cruel poster who can tell me the new Rankings are out and not post 'em.
:(

Ok, I'll tell you what I know. They really were pretty much the same as before (except I saw that Georgetown has a rank now, something like 40 or so). A couple schools have moved up or down a rank I think but that's pretty much it.

There are some ties in the top 10 now. Hopkins and Wash U. are both #2, and Duke and Penn are next, both #4. And all schools are closing the point gap on Harvard.

That's about everything I thought was remotely interesting. It's pretty much what I expected.

Originally posted by Rapid Decomposition
(except I saw that Georgetown has a rank now, something like 40 or so). .

yeah gtown :p

here ya go, fresh off the presses:

drastic moves up in bold, drastic moves down underlined

some of these are actually ties, (ex.stanford and umich) but are still placed in order as appeared in magazine.

1 harvard
2 jhu
3 washustlouis
4 duke
5 upenn
6 ucsf
7 columbia
8 stanford
9 umichigan
10 yale
11 uwashington
12 baylor
13 cornell
14 ucla
15 vanderbilt
16 ucsd
17 utsouthwestern
18 upittsburgh
19 emory
20 mayo
21 northwestern
22 uchicago
23 unorthcarolina
24 casewesternreserve
25 ualabama
26 uiowa
27 uvirginia
28 nyu
29 MSSM
30 uwisconsin
31 urochester
32 oregon
33 ucolorado
34 einstein
35 dartmouth
36 usc
37 ohiostate
38 uminnesota
39 indianau
40 boston
41 umaryland
42 wakeforest
43 brown
44 tufts
45 uflorida
46 uofutah
47 georgetown
48 ucincinnati
49 jefferson
50 medicalcollegeofwisconsin
51 umass-worchester

I was 5 for 15. That's 33% baby, yeah!

Thanks Mattie!

i started a new thread in case someone gets confused and thinks these are my predictions or something... it could happen!

Read through this thread a while back, so I guess regarding predictions on the rankings,
- Gtown has indeed moved back into the list at 47
- Case surprisingly actually moved down despite its partnership with CC.
- Not much movement from Pitt, I think some people thought they'd make a big jump (not sure what the basis for that was)

Originally posted by mattie113
here ya go, fresh off the presses:

1 harvard
2 jhu
3 washustlouis
4 duke
5 upenn
6 ucsf
7 columbia
8 stanford
9 umichigan
10 yale
11 uwashington
12 baylor
13 cornell

1. hms
2. jhu
3. penn
4. washu
5. ucsf
6. duke
7. columbia
8. yale
9. stanford
10. umich

3/10.... :laugh: no luck for me.

Lo and behold, I predicted that the other schools would move up on harvard and I was right.

US News using a logarithmic transformation to get rid of the huge gaps in research funding. So, despite the fact that Harvard boosted its NIH funding by 200 million in one year, the schools behind them are closing the gap.

Last year, the nearest competitor was 6 points away, and now there are 2 schools within 3 points.

geez, there's a whole science to this bull****