Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

USP - University of the Sciences in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by littiedan, Mar 7, 2007.

1. littiedan

Pharmacy Student
    Hey guys,
    I'm interested in studying pharmacy, but I have a few questions about pharmacy school. For those of you who attend USP, could you tell me how difficult school is? if possible, could you compare USP's academic difficulty to other Rx Schools? Im worried if I can handle the workload; I know it'll be difficult...but how difficult?

and for anyone who attends USP, could you please just reply to this thread or PM me? i have several other questions I am wondering about. Theyre pretty trivial, but still important to me. ANy help would be much appreciated

2. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Moved a/o school choice questions. I apologize for any frustration, but if you post it they will come. USC, UOP, OSU students all post regularly on their designated "Official" threads. You'll get some good advice.:luck:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    littiedan

Pharmacy Student
    bumpity bump bump bump :)

4. OP
    OP
    littiedan

Pharmacy Student
  5. think

think Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    hmmm i have some friends doing pharamcy in usp ( i wish i was among those smart ones and had made the same decision) i think its not very hectic u have to keep like a certain gpa and thats it and they only take freshmans right out of high school soo..once u r in it its cool cause u dont have to worry abt anything except keeping the min gpa up!

6. OP
    OP
    littiedan

Pharmacy Student
    do your friends seem to have a difficult time maintaining that gpa? i mean, do they have to sacrafice alot of their free time to study and stuff? i guess, that's a bit expected, but to what degree? Are they constantly studying?

I guess i'm just a bit worried that my poor work ethic is gonna catch up to me at usp :S

7. pharmwannebe2

pharmwannebe2 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    i am a current student at usp.

i heard the freshmen had a gpa cummulative of 3.0 to maintain.

and the school sucks.

so basically i am saying don't go.

im me at ppatel77 if you have any questions. I am always willing to help someone come/not come to usp.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. OP
    OP
    littiedan

Pharmacy Student
    i will definitely get in contact with you, thanks for the reply
    anyone else here able to help?

9. I currently go to USP. It won't give you a true college experience as it is small and very professionaly geared. If you intend to stay in the area though, you will be able to form a great network with the alumni and many great opportunities exist for pharmacy students. I absolutely hated usp the first year, but now I like it a lot. I can talk to you a lot more about it if you want. IM me at xsxhxixvxexnx at AIM.

10. AnonFaculty

2+ Year Member

NO!!!!!!!!

Don't go to USP.

The PharmD faculty harass their students! The curriculum has been so very watered down since my friends and I went in the early to mid 1990's. The school has a reputation for being a diploma mill.

Quoting a faculty member at another college in the region. "The best advertisement for our program is PCP/USIP alumni. The faculty are mean and have been for decades."

Choose very carefully. Temple actually ranks HIGHER than USP if you look at the rankings on AACP.org. There is a downloadable excel ranking from 2006.

11. think

think Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    lol
    y u showing so much hate towards it?