USU Interview Invite!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally!!!

I got an interview invite!!! I'm so excited!!! For all of you with sub 3.5 and sub 30, there's HOPE!

There's a slight problem though...they want me to come next Thursday (Nov. 7). I have a crazy following week, what should I do? Should I ask for an interview a week later? Would this hurt my chances? What do you guys think?

Thanks!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

GO ARMY!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by UCLA Paratrooper
Finally!!!

I got an interview invite!!! I'm so excited!!! For all of you with sub 3.5 and sub 30, there's HOPE!

There's a slight problem though...they want me to come next Thursday (Nov. 7). I have a crazy following week, what should I do? Should I ask for an interview a week later? Would this hurt my chances? What do you guys think?

Thanks!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

GO ARMY!

If this is uniformed services, YOU make time for THEM, if you can. They pretty much epitomize "rolling" admissions, when i suggested to have my interview pushed back the secretary practically screamed at me. Dean MacDonald told us flat out it greatly behooves you to interview as soon as possible if you want the branch of your choice, and they could be filling up as soon as late december. Try as hard as you can to go (can you do a military hops flight to DC?).

I would also go as early as you can. I wanted to reschedule my interview until Nov. but the secretary also told me that would be a bad idea. All the students I talked to when I was there said interviewing early is extremely to your advantage so I would make time.

Jetson

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Guys!

Anyone know which airport I should fly into and how far is it from the school timewise?

Also, what time does the interviewing end?

Thanks!

UCLA Paratrooper

I came from Baltimore-Washington Airport which is about 40 miles from the school I think. I had no trouble finding the place however but I did rent a car so if you dont plan on renting a car, then I would probably opt for a closer airport. My day at USUHS ended at like 3:30 but it varies depending on when you get your interviews. I wouldnt plan on leaving till 4:00 just to be sure.

Jetson

Baltimore-Washington Airport is about 25 miles from Bethesda. If you fly into Dulles during morning or afternoon rush it could take up to an 1 1/2 just to travel about 15 miles. I would personally choose BWI.

good luck

Thanks for the replies!

When is morning and afternoon rush at USUHS? I think I was planning on flying in around 10 AM.

UCLA Paratrooper

Originally posted by rotatores
Baltimore-Washington Airport is about 25 miles from Bethesda. If you fly into Dulles during morning or afternoon rush it could take up to an 1 1/2 just to travel about 15 miles. I would personally choose BWI.

good luck

If your flight arrives at 10:00 that would be perfect. Rush hour is about 6:00 to 8:30 and from 3:30 to about 6:00.

If you have anymore questions concerning your interview or stay at USUHS feel free to PM me.

later

I was wondering how USUHS contacted you to schedule an interview and how long it took them to do so after your file was completed. My file was just completed last week and I am anxious to hear back. It is one of my top choices. Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure because of the Letter of Approval to Apply, but I'm guessing my file was complete about a week before they contacted me (email). Hope this help!

UCLA Paratrooper

Originally posted by jjhollin
I was wondering how USUHS contacted you to schedule an interview and how long it took them to do so after your file was completed. My file was just completed last week and I am anxious to hear back. It is one of my top choices. Thanks.

Last year they contacted me via snail mail. I must warn you though; they sometimes give you very little notice before they want you to interview. I think they wanted me to interview me in a week. Unfortunately I had to reschedule to a later date. I don't recommend this but I still got in.

goodluck

Originally posted by UCLA Paratrooper
I'm not exactly sure because of the Letter of Approval to Apply, but I'm guessing my file was complete about a week before they contacted me (email). Hope this help!

UCLA Paratrooper

They will interview you without the Letter of Approval to apply, they just need it for the final acceptance. For interview, they needed the secondary and the letters of recommendation. I was invited to an interview less than a week after my application was completed. I would have interviewed earlier, most likely, but a few of my recommenders were a bit slower.

UCLA- I sent you a PM.