Usuhs 2020 clinical psychology military-track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did any one get any email interviews as of yet?
Hi all! I emailed the admissions office last week. They said the notification is due by Friday the 24th. Just wanted to share the info :) I applied for Navy and haven’t seen an email yet. In the email they also said if you aren’t selected for an interview you’ll get a letter in the mail late March/early April.

Hi all! I emailed the admissions office last week. They said the notification is due by Friday the 24th. Just wanted to share the info :) I applied for Navy and haven’t seen an email yet. In the email they also said if you aren’t selected for an interview you’ll get a letter in the mail late March/early April.
Hi psych dreamer, I applied for the Navy too! Still haven’t heard anything, have you? Someone on another thread got an interview email yesterday for the Air Force.

Hi psych dreamer, I applied for the Navy too! Still haven’t heard anything, have you? Someone on another thread got an interview email yesterday for the Air Force.
Good luck!!! Hopefully we meet in February :) Haven’t seen an email yet and I’m anxiously awaiting. Where is the other thread at?

Thank you, I hope the same for you as well. Under search, I put in USUHS Psychology . It’s the second thread named PHD/PsyD interviews 2020. Something similar. Is this your first time applying and are you military? It’s my first time and quite frankly my top choice.
Good luck!!! Hopefully we meet in February :) Haven’t seen an email yet and I’m anxiously awaiting. Where is the other thread at?

Thank you, I hope the same for you as well. Under search, I put in USUHS Psychology . It’s the second thread named PHD/PsyD interviews 2020. Something similar. Is this your first time applying and are you military? It’s my first time and quite frankly my top choice.
It is indeed my first choice too and the only school I applied for as well as my first time applying! I am active duty Navy. Are you active duty as well? I’ve heard such amazing things about USUHS!

It is indeed my first choice too and the only school I applied for as well as my first time applying! I am active duty Navy. Are you active duty as well? I’ve heard such amazing things about USUHS!
So cool.Yes I am Navy as well and also the only school I applied for. Yes USUHS is great. I’ve worked directly with a few USUHS psych grads and they all speak highly of the school. Two people a year makes it quite competitive though, so it makes me a bit anxious.

Current student here.

All invites have already been extended, military and civilian tracks.

Reactions: 1 user
Moderator note: edited to remove quote of language violation
There is EO reporting processes for a reason.
“Words can be medicines; they can also be poisons. Words can heal; they can also kill.”
Let these prospective students make their own determination of the atmosphere of the college. It takes courage and patience to apply to this place.
I’m sorry you had a bad experience but this post does not help them at all.

All who are applying good luck.

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” -Vince Lombardi

fyi: current student here. EO at the university is a joke and meant to protect the powerful, high-ranking faculty members. There’s a lot of **** that goes on at this institution (and the department) that gets swept under the rug and no one bats an eye. There’s been sexually assaulted students at USUH in the past, ffs.

fyi: current student here. EO at the university is a joke and meant to protect the powerful, high-ranking faculty members. There’s a lot of **** that goes on at this institution (and the department) that gets swept under the rug and no one bats an eye. There’s been sexually assaulted students at USUH in the past, ffs.
I'm dishearted to think this is happening to people. Thank you for letting me know about the invites. It helps me shape what I want to do in the future. Condolences to all that applied and were not selected.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who got accepted or received any interview, could you please share some tips on getting selected or what they seem to be looking for lately?
Also, does anyone know of other ways of commissioning as a psychologist? TIA!

Reactions: 1 users
For people who got accepted or received any interview, could you please share some tips on getting selected or what they seem to be looking for lately?
Also, does anyone know of other ways of commissioning as a psychologist? TIA!

it varies every year, and the process is pretty biased (look at all the “diversity” across cohorts)

Look into HPSP as an alternative

Hi. Is anyone applying this year and any tips?! Active duty Chief.

Hi. Is anyone applying this year and any tips?! Active duty Chief.
I applied this and got my application in early. I just emailed Maira Mendoza and was told that roughly around the end of January we would find out about our invitation for an interview. Hope the best