USUHS/HPSP Acceptance Question

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by P0411, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. P0411

P0411

Monday
    Hello,

New to SDN and have a question regarding acceptance to USUHS as well as HPSP. My undergrad is in mechanical engineering and I graduated with a 4.0 GPA at the top of my class. I have since been working for the DoD as a mechanical engineer. My question is, way back in 2003 at the age of 21, I had a horrible lapse in judgement and received a DUI. It was diverted and I have only since received a ticket for an illegal U-turn 9 years ago. My credit score is in the upper 700s and I have been a model citizen since.

If you are doing the math I would also need an age waiver due to my age at matriculation being just past the cutoff.

Do I even have a shot here or should I just start looking at private medical education?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. pgg

pgg Laugh at me, will they? SDN Moderator 10+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Home Again
    You'll be fine wherever you go.

4. Armyhealth

Armyhealth

Jan 3, 2017
    Army
    Army Healthcare recruiter here, Not sure on USUHS but for HPSP you will require a moral waiver. You shouldn't have an issue getting it approved as long as you show remorse in your statement about the incident.

P0411 likes this.