All Branch Topic (ABT) USUHS- New Curriculum (+ Army Radiology)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclic AMP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First post!

Hey everybody, I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the correct forum, but to any USUHS students who might be reading this, what do you think of the new curriculum? I think it's great that the preclinical classroom work is completed in one and a half years, leaving two and a half years for rotations and a capstone project. PDF outlining the curriculum for the incoming class (2018) is attached.

And while I've got everyone here, are all three of the Army's radiology residencies (Walter Reed, Madigan, BAMC) created equal? I might be interested in pursuing that field.

Excited to fly out to San Antonio for BOLC next week! Thanks in advance everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Molecules to Military Medicine.pdf
    314 KB · Views: 83
Well darn. I guess nobody cares. Oh well. If anyone is wondering about Army BOLC for USU students, I'll let you know in six weeks. Wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
You left Tripler off the residency list.

In terms of rankings, I think it's a multifaceted discussion that varies with the individual. I wouldn't focus so much on the intricacies of specific training sites before you really even know what you want to do.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, looking at that list closely, Honolulu is listed twice for Urololgy, right below it. It's probably a typo, and the first Honolulu is most likely meant for radiology

i didn't go to usuhs, so i can't comment on what it's like going through the old vs new curriculum as a student. but i have instructed/evaluated in the small group things (ICS? ICR?) and the transition process from that perspective has been a little confusing. at least now it looks like everyone is on the same system. as far as student quality i haven't noticed much of a difference.

--your friendly neighborhood OSCE grading caveman

First post!

Hey everybody, I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the correct forum, but to any USUHS students who might be reading this, what do you think of the new curriculum? I think it's great that the preclinical classroom work is completed in one and a half years, leaving two and a half years for rotations and a capstone project. PDF outlining the curriculum for the incoming class (2018) is attached.

And while I've got everyone here, are all three of the Army's radiology residencies (Walter Reed, Madigan, BAMC) created equal? I might be interested in pursuing that field.

Excited to fly out to San Antonio for BOLC next week! Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited: