USUHS (Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringAnesthetist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To get accepted into this university and become a military physician, must one have prior military experience?
This most likely helps, I would think.
If no military experience is needed, does one just need to submit an application through AMCAS?
Or are there prior steps one must do.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you read their admissions page? All of this information is on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To get accepted into this university and become a military physician, must one have prior military experience?
This most likely helps, I would think.
If no military experience is needed, does one just need to submit an application through AMCAS?
Or are there prior steps one must do.

It is an LCME accredited med school and must be applied to through AMCAS. Take a look at their site for requirements. About 40% of matriculants have prior military experience.

Hey! I am new to this site and seriously considering either USU or HPSP. My question is I know for USU it is a 7 year payback for 4 years of med school. However, if I was to do a 5 year residency to be a surgeon do I owe more time? I know for the USAF HPSP they do not tack on the extra time unless the residency goes beyond 5 years. Is this how USU works?
Any feedback would be great. Again, I am new to the site so if I should not piggyback off of another person`s question please let me know. Also, if there is already a forum for this could you please direct me to it.