All Branch Topic (ABT) USUPHS Medical Officer in my AO -- who typically has C&C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nobody seems to be able to give me an answer on this. I have a PHS officer in desperate need of assistance to get squared away (basically, in other branches of the military, he/she would be considered AWOL at this point) I'm researching as much info as I can find on the internet to learn this. If anyone could point me in the right direction of their versions of regulations governing leave, medical conditions that impair ability to function and the required process for such, and who they even answer to when assigned to an MTF of another branch, I would be very grateful.

Members don't see this ad.

Snitch GIF by memecandy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nobody seems to be able to give me an answer on this. I have a PHS officer in desperate need of assistance to get squared away (basically, in other branches of the military, he/she would be considered AWOL at this point) I'm researching as much info as I can find on the internet to learn this. If anyone could point me in the right direction of their versions of regulations governing leave, medical conditions that impair ability to function and the required process for such, and who they even answer to when assigned to an MTF of another branch, I would be very grateful.

PHS Officers are kind of like non-management DoD civilians after their first year of service: Damn near impossible to take correction. That being said, if "medical conditions that impair ability to function" truly is a problem, then you should have a talk with your quality management team, or who ever is in charge of credentialing. If your PHS Officer is "deployed" to your facility, usually there is a regional PHS Officer (or what we call an LNO) that handles the S1 aspect of things. If the PHS Officer is stationed for a multi-year tour at your facility, that means an agreement had to be made. You can go to your local G8 office and ask for the manpower agreement between your facility and the PHS. The signatures on the agreement will lead you where you need to go on the PHS side to take action if you need to do it. I would also suggest looping in your local DCCS about your situation because if you don't have their support, you're likely spinning your wheels. If your facility is a DHA market lead facility, well good luck. No idea how to handle that one!