UT Austin Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should I call them and ask? I need to know pretty much now since I have to pay the other deposit
Would you post what you find out if you call? Please!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure, but it was stated during my phone call that they will send out official emails in the afternoon. So maybe till lunch time?
What email would be sent out? Is it the one that is for acceptance or wait list / reject

Just called and asked if the college was done making their calls. They said calls would be made until the end of the month. I'll probably try again tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call for my acceptance at 9am PST! So there is still hope for you guys! But I'm not sure if they saved me for one of the last calls though since I'm in California and I'm two hours behind.

Still haven't gotten a call yet. Is there any hope left?

Members don't see this ad :)
No more at all? Or no more today?
No more phone calls todays, As far as I understood, there very slight hope by end of the week, when Dr. Wilcox finalizes the acceptances. Would you mind sharing your stats, mine was really good, don't understand what they are looking for?

Yes, They did, As mentioned, in the last post, there is a very, very tiny hope. How is your stats plz?

98%pcat, 3.97 GPA. No tech experience, just some volunteer and shadow experience.

I just got my call right now :) 4:58 central time, kind of odd how late it was, but nevertheless!

Reactions: 1 user
ME TOO!!!! I Just got my phone call at 5:25!!! :)

Grats all. Found out I got wait listed but I was also wait listed for interviews so we'll see what happens. If anything I will become an aggie lol

Reactions: 2 users
Grats all. Found out I got wait listed but I was also wait listed for interviews so we'll see what happens. If anything I will become an aggie lol
How did you find out that you're wait listed? Did they email you? I haven't heard anything since last week when they told me my application was still in review lol.

For those that were accepted, how long after the call did y'all receive an email? Or the hardcopy in the mail?...For those that are losing hope, stay positive! I got a call at around 7-7:15 last night

Reactions: 3 users
i emailed Dr. Wilcox about the situation that i'm in w/ the other school and he told me that the decision isn't final yet but i am suggested to be put on the waitlist. Ms. Spencer said final decisions should be sent out by thursday

For those that were accepted, how long after the call did y'all receive an email? Or the hardcopy in the mail?...For those that are losing hope, stay positive! I got a call at around 7-7:15 last night
I was accepted last Tuesday 2/17 at ~7:30 am Pacific Time. I got an email later that evening. I am still awaiting the hardcopy. They might be waiting until they finalize all the acceptances before mailing hardcopies out to students.

Has anyone who received a phone call yesterday not received the follow up email?

I haven't gotten anything since the phone call. They did say a few days, though
Okay! I was just curious since it seemed like most people were receiving it either the same day or the next. :) I'll be patient!

Hey I was called last week and I didn't receive the follow up email until 7:55 PM Central Time last Thursday.

Is there a facebook page for the class of 2019 yet?

Yes, THERE IS a FB page for class of 2019. I was invited by the current UTCOP student assigned to me on the contact team. I've been a member of it for a couple of days. There are only about 15 of us on there right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, THERE IS a FB page for class of 2019. I was invited by the current UTCOP student assigned to me on the contact team. I've been a member of it for a couple of days. There are only about 15 of us on there right now.
How long did it take for the current student to contact you after you were accepted/you accepted the offer?

Hey the one who contacted me didn't mention it. Do you mind sending me the link?

Could you send me the link as well!! :) please.

Me too! I've looked on facebook, but haven't been able to find it.

Dr.Wilcox mentioned a current UTCOP student that will be assigned to me but never got an email after that.
How long after your acceptance did they reach out to you?
Would it possible to send me the link too?? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys - the student who contacted me didn't email me until the Saturday after I was accepted, so they may not contact you until this weekend.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a realistic cost of attendance to UT Austin COP? The information on the website isn't very helpful.

Hey
Can anyone give me a realistic cost of attendance to UT Austin COP? The information on the website isn't very helpful.

Hey there, I could give you more realistic living costs if that would help you! :) But, I'm not sure if you're just referring to tuition and books.

Hey

Hey there, I could give you more realistic living costs if that would help you! :) But, I'm not sure if you're just referring to tuition and books.

Tuition, books, housing, anything else you can think of really.

Did anyone else get an email saying they were put on the waitlist? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in after that?

Could I get the link as well? Thank you so much- looking forward to meeting everyone attachFull189731
The FB group is by invitation only & a student on the contact team is the moderator of it. I could send you the link, but doubt it would help.

The FB group's name is: Unoffical UTCOP Class of 2019.

There are only 17 ppl on there so far, so I'm certain many of you receive your invitation to the group shortly.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-28_7-23-20.png
    upload_2015-2-28_7-23-20.png
    95 bytes · Views: 48
Tuition, books, housing, anything else you can think of really.
I only know for instate tuition. Would that help you?

Tuition is just a few dollars under $8,000/semester. There is a flat fee of $7,915. Remember in the interview, they said there is a flat fee for up to a certain amount of hours & anything over that isn't charged more. Therefore, although our curriculum will be over those hours, tuition is still only $7,915/semester.

Text Books: Also, remember in the interview, the current UTCOP students said that generally there are little-to-no books to purchase. Those costs will be minimal. We will have to purchase a clicker (a handheld device used in every classroom at UT), but I don't have an estimate on how much those cost.

Housing is a whole other animal. Do you want to live close to campus? Are you okay with living in a shady part of town? Do you have a pets and/or a family and want to head out to the suburbs?
Shady part of town: 1 bed/1 bath apartment: ~$650/month.
Nicer part of town: 1 bed/1 bath apartment: ~$900/month.
Buying a sizable house in a good neighborhood with great schools for your kiddos: ~$350,000 - $600,000.

Have a car? Remember in the interview, the students talked about parking costs. A UT parking permit, good for 1 school year, is $600 and includes parking garage access.

If you talk to graduates of the UTCOP and ask approximately how much debt they accrued during 4 years of Pharm school, they generally tell you between $60,000 - $100,000.
If you talk to financial planners in Austin who specialize in student debt from University of TX at Austin students, they will tell you the AVERAGE debt a UTCOP student accrues is $80,000.

Want Some Food?
Average combo meal at P.Terry's, a local burger joint, is ~$7.00.
Average combo meal at Thundercloud Subs, a local sandwich shop, is $7.70.
Average amount of groceries my family of 3(me, myself, & 1 daughter) spends at H.E.B., the local grocery store, is ~$100/wk.
Average amount of money we spend on meals out is ~$150/wk. (we're all super busy, so not a lot of time for cooking).

Gym Membership?
Gold's Gym: ~ $35/month for a single membership.
Lifetime Fitness: ~$85/month for a single membership.

That's a tuition, books, home, car, meals, & fitness. I can't think of anything else one would need in life. :)
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
I realized later that I had been invited to the group, but it came in a weird file of my gmail. After the student contacts you, make sure you continue to search through all email files throughout the next couple of days.

Did anyone else get an email saying they were put on the waitlist? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in after that?
I did too, I think they are going to send us the number on the waitlist we are, so it kinda depends on how high that number is

Tuition is just a few dollars under $8,000/semester. There is a flat fee of $7,915. Remember in the interview, they said there is a flat fee for up to a certain amount of hours & anything over that isn't charged more. Therefore, although our curriculum will be over those hours, tuition is still only $7,915/semester.

Text Books: Also, remember in the interview, the current UTCOP students said that generally there are little-to-no books to purchase. Those costs will be minimal. We will have to purchase a clicker (a handheld device used in every classroom at UT), but I don't have an estimate on how much those cost.

Housing is a whole other animal. Do you want to live close to campus? Are you okay with living in a shady part of town? Do you have a pets and/or a family and want to head out to the suburbs?
Buying a sizable house in a good neighborhood with great schools for your kiddos: ~$350,000 - $600,000.

Have a car? Remember in the interview, the students talked about parking costs. A UT parking permit, good for 1 school year, is $600 and includes parking garage access.

If you talk to graduates of the UTCOP and ask approximately how much debt they accrued during 4 years of Pharm school, they generally tell you between $60,000 - $100,000.
If you talk to financial planners in Austin who specialize in student debt from University of TX at Austin students, they will tell you the AVERAGE debt a UTCOP student accrues is $80,000.

Want Some Food?
Average amount of groceries my family of 3(me, myself, & 1 daughter) spends at H.E.B., the local grocery store, is ~$100/wk.
Average amount of money we spend on meals out is ~$150/wk. (we're all super busy, so not a lot of time for cooking).

Gym Membership?

That's a tuition, books, home, car, meals, & fitness. I can't think of anything else one would need in life. :)
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the useful information.
But I have to ask, why get a gym membership? Doesn't the student tuition cover the facilities on campus?

Want Some Food?

Gym Membership?

Hope this helps!

Does the tuition include fees?

The FB group is by invitation only & a student on the contact team is the moderator of it. I could send you the link, but doubt it would help.

The FB group's name is: Unoffical UTCOP Class of 2019.

There are only 17 ppl on there so far, so I'm certain many of you receive your invitation to the group shortly.

I still have not received a link :(