UT-Houston Interview, Any Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheross

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will have an interview in Houston and I would like to know what sort of questions does the school like to focus on. Certainly do appreciate any help that I can get. Go 'Stros!

Members don't see this ad.

when is ur interview? well, read the interview feedback... I have mines coming up next month too..

I totally will, just a tad nervous that is it. I have mine at the end of the month. Houston is my first pick so I hope I get it...Thank you for the reply...
katdds said:
when is ur interview? well, read the interview feedback... I have mines coming up next month too..

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was Oct 3 and it went well. The day starts @ 8:30 with Dr. Johnson. He will throw a ton of questions at all of you and make you sweat, but be confidence, don't worry too much about that. At 9am, Dr. Pierpont will come in and welcome all of you. He'll talk about UT dental branch and how your day is gona be. Around 10, interviewees will be split in half. One will follow Dr. Pierpont for a tour, the other half will stay in the conference room and about 6 or 7 faculty will come in. Each of them will pick one of you up for interview. The one-on-one interview last about 50mins or so and it's the only interview you have. After that you come back to the room and have your tour. The group that had the tour will have interview. All of you will be done interview around 12, it's time for lunch.

The good thing about Houston is that they invite all 4-year students come and talk to you, not only 4th year. The lunch will be serve in the conference room (food not really good:) Make sure ask the student questions, all you can think of. Your lunch is pretty relaxed because all of you have done the interview and all you have left is the presentations.

At 1pm, Dr. Pierpont will come back with other deans to talk about research, cirriculum, financial aid and so on. They make sure you can go around 3 to head out of Houston before rush hour. The presentations are helpful but also very sleepy. Before you leave, Dr. Pierpont will talk to you about the selection process.

By Dec 1, they will send out 30 acceptance letters (fill half of their class) and they will interview more. He said they will interview around 240 students for 60 spots. After hearing that I feel like my chance is so slim.

About the interview, every interviewer has one sheet of paper with your info on it with a list of questions they will have to ask you. My friend and I are interviewed at different Mon but we have the same questions. I remember some of them, such as:

What do you do when you have free time?
When you're stresses, what do you do?
What type of person annoys you? (I wasn't prepared for this one, so make sure you are)
Tell me about yourself.
What's you like to do with your hands?

That's all I remember from the interview. Hope it helps who's gona have interview at Houston. After intervew at Houston, I bring it up to 2nd choice on my list :) Good luck everyone!!!

Any questions, feel free to PM me :)

Katie

katie,

did u do your baylor interview yet? if so, how'd it go? I went to UTA for a couple years too!

Katie,

What did you use to study for the DAT?

Rhonda

katieTX said:
My interview was Oct 3 and it went well. The day starts @ 8:30 with Dr. Johnson. He will throw a ton of questions at all of you and make you sweat, but be confidence, don't worry too much about that. At 9am, Dr. Pierpont will come in and welcome all of you. He'll talk about UT dental branch and how your day is gona be. Around 10, interviewees will be split in half. One will follow Dr. Pierpont for a tour, the other half will stay in the conference room and about 6 or 7 faculty will come in. Each of them will pick one of you up for interview. The one-on-one interview last about 50mins or so and it's the only interview you have. After that you come back to the room and have your tour. The group that had the tour will have interview. All of you will be done interview around 12, it's time for lunch.

The good thing about Houston is that they invite all 4-year students come and talk to you, not only 4th year. The lunch will be serve in the conference room (food not really good:) Make sure ask the student questions, all you can think of. Your lunch is pretty relaxed because all of you have done the interview and all you have left is the presentations.

At 1pm, Dr. Pierpont will come back with other deans to talk about research, cirriculum, financial aid and so on. They make sure you can go around 3 to head out of Houston before rush hour. The presentations are helpful but also very sleepy. Before you leave, Dr. Pierpont will talk to you about the selection process.

By Dec 1, they will send out 30 acceptance letters (fill half of their class) and they will interview more. He said they will interview around 240 students for 60 spots. After hearing that I feel like my chance is so slim.

About the interview, every interviewer has one sheet of paper with your info on it with a list of questions they will have to ask you. My friend and I are interviewed at different Mon but we have the same questions. I remember some of them, such as:

What do you do when you have free time?
When you're stresses, what do you do?
What type of person annoys you? (I wasn't prepared for this one, so make sure you are)
Tell me about yourself.
What's you like to do with your hands?

That's all I remember from the interview. Hope it helps who's gona have interview at Houston. After intervew at Houston, I bring it up to 2nd choice on my list :) Good luck everyone!!!

Any questions, feel free to PM me :)

Katie