Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UT-Houston interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jsorrell, Nov 30, 2000.

1. jsorrell

jsorrell Member
    10+ Year Member

I just got an email about an invitation to interview at UT-Houston on Dec. 8.

Is there anybody out there that has interviewed there/attends that could give me a bit of advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jmac

jmac Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

The UH interview was one of the most laid back interviews I've had but it was a little less organized than the others. The adcom people were super nice and both people I interviewed with seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. The interviewers have your GPA/MCAT scores and the essay you wrote for the application service. Give your self plenty of time to get there in the morning as the medical center is huge and a bit confusing and Houston traffic is awful.

4. FourthTime

FourthTime Member
    10+ Year Member

I just got an invite too. I'm probably going to drive the day of from Austin. Anyone done that before? If so, how long does it take to get to Houston? Thanks and good luck!

5. Dray

Dray Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Well, that depends if your a real Texas driver or not. If you plan on going 20 miles over the speed limit like everyone else it will take you about 2-2 1/2 hours. If you go the speed limit, about 3. Just make sure you plan on getting to Houston in the very early morning or late morning to avoid all the incoming traffic on I-10. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Dray (edited 11-30-2000).]