I recently received an acceptance to UTSW. I know either way I will get a great education. I just am curious what other's thoughts may be. I would appreciate any insight or feedback anyone is willing to offer!
- Solid program
- Students seemed super chill and laidback
- Connected well with the faculty I interviewed with
- Texas Medical Center opportunities
- Have an aunt in the area (so some level of family support)
- Pass/Fail first semester before transition to H/HP/P/F
- Not as prestigious - has a good match list though
- Parkland is still a great place for rotations
- Really like elements of their curriculum like the scholarly activity and dedicated time for it
- Nice facilities/study spaces
- Liked how they break the larger groups into smaller groups with mentors (mentioned on the McGovern website but not really highlighted/emphasized like UTSW)
- Pass/Fail in pre-clerkship
- Considered more prestigious
- Did not get to speak with faculty on my interview day, so did not get as much insight into that element. Heard their diversity office is very supportive though.
- Did not get the impression of competitiveness that has been mentioned in the past about UTSW. The students do seem to have a more serious tone about them though.
- Slightly higher cost of living