UT Houston & UT Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprinkibrio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've accepted Houston and Southwestern and sent the letter back saying "yes." Now, Southwestern has sent me like six emails in the past few days saying we've got your letter and congrats, congrats, congrats. USPS.com says they haven't even recieved my reply yet. USPS.com also says UT Houston HAS recieved my reply, but they haven't sent me a single email. Anyone recieve any emails from Houston after you replied with a yes? Their due date was last Thursday, and I'm starting to wonder if they have recieved my letter. Not that their due date matters, though, right? Does it?

Members don't see this ad.

I've accepted Houston and Southwestern and sent the letter back saying "yes." Now, Southwestern has sent me like six emails in the past few days saying we've got your letter and congrats, congrats, congrats. USPS.com says they haven't even recieved my reply yet. USPS.com also says UT Houston HAS recieved my reply, but they haven't sent me a single email. Anyone recieve any emails from Houston after you replied with a yes? Their due date was last Thursday, and I'm starting to wonder if they have recieved my letter. Not that their due date matters, though, right? Does it?

Why hold on to 2 accepatances in the first place? I would not worry about it if USPS says they delivered it

I would call and ask to make sure. I did with all my schools last year b/c I went to college with a guy who was rejected after he missed the deadline. He was out of the country when the letter came [but he did know about the letter coming and the two week deadline to reserve his spot]. Since he was out of town he got it in a little late, and they rejected him for it. He did not want to attend that school, but it shows that these deadlines can be serious in some cases. [Note this was not a UT school].

Members don't see this ad :)
I replied to UTH and didn't get any emails back, but I know they got it because they post a list of people that accept and my friend told me she saw me on it. It wouldn't hurt to email the office there and ask to make sure. They're really nice so I'm sure they wouldn't midn :oops:

Why hold on to 2 accepatances in the first place? I would not worry about it if USPS says they delivered it

B/c I can't decide. I'm going to go back for second looks before narrowing it down further. Thanks for your advice everyone... I plan on calling the school on Monday, but was getting nervous in the meantime.

B/c I can't decide. I'm going to go back for second looks before narrowing it down further. Thanks for your advice everyone... I plan on calling the school on Monday, but was getting nervous in the meantime.
Because some of us can't make up our minds :p

I'm holding onto 2 acceptances too! And UT-H never sent me an email letting me know they got my response either :)

word