1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UT-Memphis Interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ld106588, Feb 1, 2002.

1. ld106588

ld106588 Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone have an interview at UT-Memphis scheduled for Monday, February 18? If so, email me..at [email protected] Also, anyone who has had an interview and has any advice, please let me know. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tennessee_Tuxedo

Tennessee_Tuxedo Junior Member

ID106588,

I interviewed at UT on November 28, and subsequently was offered an acceptance about 10 days later. As to the day itself, you'll have a great time. The admissions staff is very helpful, and you won't find a nicer guy than Nelson Strother. Just relax and you'll be fine. Interviews are very casual and have the feeling of a conversation rather than an interrogation. I believe that they're genuinely interested in learning about you as a person.

On an unrelated note, the school is planning to revamp the second year's courses so that they end earlier, freeing up more time for elective rotations and USMLE prep.

4. ld106588

ld106588 Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you so much for your input.

5. ajp

ajp New Member

What up Id106588? Most importantly, good luck. Secondly, if you are going to be there for the majority of Sunday, you should enjoy the city a little. The day before I interviewed, I went to the Rendezvous for dinner (they have really good ribs) and then to the B.B. King Blues Cafe and saw a really good band. BB himself was going to be there tonight (Feb. 4th). To each his/ her own, but this really helped me relax and feel confident for the next day. The interviews were very laid back and conversational. I somehow fooled the committee, so I will be there in the fall. Memphis is supposed to have excellent clinical opportunities. Again, good luck.