UT-Memphis Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ld106588

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an interview at UT-Memphis scheduled for Monday, February 18? If so, email me..at [email protected]. Also, anyone who has had an interview and has any advice, please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

ID106588,

I interviewed at UT on November 28, and subsequently was offered an acceptance about 10 days later. As to the day itself, you'll have a great time. The admissions staff is very helpful, and you won't find a nicer guy than Nelson Strother. Just relax and you'll be fine. Interviews are very casual and have the feeling of a conversation rather than an interrogation. I believe that they're genuinely interested in learning about you as a person.

On an unrelated note, the school is planning to revamp the second year's courses so that they end earlier, freeing up more time for elective rotations and USMLE prep.

Thank you so much for your input.

What up Id106588? Most importantly, good luck. Secondly, if you are going to be there for the majority of Sunday, you should enjoy the city a little. The day before I interviewed, I went to the Rendezvous for dinner (they have really good ribs) and then to the B.B. King Blues Cafe and saw a really good band. BB himself was going to be there tonight (Feb. 4th). To each his/ her own, but this really helped me relax and feel confident for the next day. The interviews were very laid back and conversational. I somehow fooled the committee, so I will be there in the fall. Memphis is supposed to have excellent clinical opportunities. Again, good luck.