UT San Antonio--Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sogo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has interviewed at UT-SA or will be interviewing there on Monday: I left school on winter break and forgot to bring my interview letter with me...Can someone please give me a run-down of the interview day schedule included in the interview invite (i.e. a summary of where I need to be on Monday and when)? I really appreciate it! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in Sept and I dug out my old letter from my very disorganized filing cabinet to see what was up here.

I'll do the best I can, but it's a ton of info here. If you have a fax number, it'd be easier for me to fax it to you. let me know.

Here's the best I can do:

- RSVP to: [email protected]

- your int. date is at the top of that letter (can't help you out much there.)

- day officially begins at 10 am, but you can sit in on classes (med school lectures) from 8-10 am if you want. class schedules can be found at:
<a href="http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/academicinfo/fallsch01.html" target="_blank">http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/academicinfo/fallsch01.html</a>

I don't know if that still works though.

- for special dietary restrictions ,call: (210) 567-2665

- if you want to stay with a med student, email housing committee at: [email protected] with following info: name, phone #, date of int., gender, undergrad school, allergies, any preferences (i.e. no dogs). but have transportation.

- if driving park in Lot #2, Entrance #1, enter off Floyd Curl Drive in the student Lounge.

- pre-int. social: Lyndy's Bar & Grill (personally didn't go, so i don't know much about this). 7-9pm, 5562 Fredericksburg Rd. for directions email: [email protected]

SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEW DAY:
9:30-10 AM: Arrival/registration
10-10:45: Welcome speech
10:45-11:40: Med student panel
11:45-12:30: Lunch is MS's
12:30-1:30: Tours
1:30-3:30: Interviews with adcoms (i know, afternoon interviews suck, don't forget to do the tooth check for food and take a mint!) :)
3-?: Q&A Session

I think that's all I have.
Good luck. Great school, nice people, laid back interviews (most of them!) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Sogo,
I'm a second year right now and praying4md pretty much hit the nail on the head. The only thing that I would add is that there won't be any classes going on that morning b/c of Christmas break. The interviews are usually pretty casual and some people even get interviewed by 4th years which seems to have worked out pretty well. Anyway, good luck.

Thank you all so much for your help! The reason this was urgent and that I couldn't email Dr. Jones is because my flight leaves early Monday morning and I don't think the office will be open yet. Thanks again!!

Originally posted by praying4MD:
•I interviewed there in Sept and I dug out my old letter from my very disorganized filing cabinet to see what was up here.

I'll do the best I can, but it's a ton of info here. If you have a fax number, it'd be easier for me to fax it to you. let me know.

Here's the best I can do:

- RSVP to: [email protected]

- your int. date is at the top of that letter (can't help you out much there.)

- day officially begins at 10 am, but you can sit in on classes (med school lectures) from 8-10 am if you want. class schedules can be found at:
<a href="http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/academicinfo/fallsch01.html" target="_blank">http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/academicinfo/fallsch01.html</a>

I don't know if that still works though.

- for special dietary restrictions ,call: (210) 567-2665

- if you want to stay with a med student, email housing committee at: [email protected] with following info: name, phone #, date of int., gender, undergrad school, allergies, any preferences (i.e. no dogs). but have transportation.

- if driving park in Lot #2, Entrance #1, enter off Floyd Curl Drive in the student Lounge.

- pre-int. social: Lyndy's Bar & Grill (personally didn't go, so i don't know much about this). 7-9pm, 5562 Fredericksburg Rd. for directions email: [email protected]

SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEW DAY:
9:30-10 AM: Arrival/registration
10-10:45: Welcome speech
10:45-11:40: Med student panel
11:45-12:30: Lunch is MS's
12:30-1:30: Tours
1:30-3:30: Interviews with adcoms (i know, afternoon interviews suck, don't forget to do the tooth check for food and take a mint!) :)
3-?: Q&A Session

I think that's all I have.
Good luck. Great school, nice people, laid back interviews (most of them!) :D •••