Ut-southwestern Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buttercup2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted some advice on interviewing at UT-Southwestern . . . I have my interview there tomorrow. What are the interviews like? What kind of question can I expect? What should I do to prep last minute? Anyways, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I know how ya feel - esp. b/c there is no interview feedback for that school.

stuff i wish i had known:
- directions! - they don't give you very good ones on the letter. I'm an out of stater who has never set foot in TX so i got lost. get there early and know where u are going.

Interviews went well - not stressful
- two 1/2 hours interviews w/ faculty. before lunch ; the usual - know why u want to be a doc. - know your research, why UTSW; just be able to talk about yourself comfortably. open-file.

Expect lots of people there - i was surprised, all other schools have around 10 max 20 people. There were like 50 other interviewees (they're not particularly intimidating though - lots of nice local texans)

Its a nice organized day - just get there on time and they'll take you through it.

Good luck! i hope you have a good time there :)

Check out the SDN interview feedback for UT Southwesten, it was pretty helpful for me. The school is named "U. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center" on the list of medical schools.

Overall it was well organized. You interview in the morning and then you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day, which ends early, around 2:30pm. The two interviews are open file, so expect questions more specific to your applications rather than the more general "tell me about yourself" prompts.

Thanks for your advice! Good luck with all your apps!