UT Southwestern questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzz1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any ut southwestern folks here? I would like to know more about your school.

1. Parkland - How much time do you spend there and what's really like, good or bad comments are welcome. You only rotate there during the 3rd year or is there any other hospitals that are used for 3rd year?

2. The first 2 years of studying - how stressful given the curve? Especially, how is anatomy during the 1st semester?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

UT Southwestern MS0 (MS Zero) Weekend

For current students at UTSW, is there a big difference between visiting during MSZero weekend and visiting on any other weekend? (I may not be able to make it to MSZero) It sounds like a lot of fun, but in terms of getting to know the school better, is it the best time to go? I am an out-of-state accepted student, just in case you were wondering why I was asking this before Match Day. Thanks!

zzz1,

1. You probably wouldn't spend too much time in Parkland in the 1st year. In the 2nd year, you're required to meet with a resident in the hospital once a week. It could be Parkland, St Paul, VA, or Baylor. In the 3rd year, as far as I know, there are some clinical rotations that you need to go to VA or Baylor.

2. They don't curve it in our class but they've just changed the grading policy this year and start curving in class of 09. I heard that they're gonna break it down into quartiles and grade as A, B+, B, and C accordingly. As for the anatomy, it's one of the favorite courses in the 1st year. Dr. Phelen is awesome :laugh:

bdubz,

Don't worry about it if you can't come for the MS0 weekend. You have plenty of time to explore the school in the next 4 years.

Hope this helps :luck: