ut southwestern/transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms2

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here go to UT Southwestern? I'm a 2nd year at another school and just completed a transfer application and the response was fairly encouraging. What do you like/dislike about it?
Also, has anyone transferred after 2nd year?

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations on ur app to utsw. i have a friend there and he loves it! they're 1st years though. i had some questions about transferring. can u tell me if you had a compelling reason or not? are u a texas resident? did u talk to someone beforehand? how were they encouraging? any info would be of great help! good luck!

ms2 said:
Does anyone here go to UT Southwestern? I'm a 2nd year at another school and just completed a transfer application and the response was fairly encouraging. What do you like/dislike about it?
Also, has anyone transferred after 2nd year?

Hi, I realize you posted this a long time ago, but how did that application go? I just applied this year, my circumstances aren't exactly a matter of death, just my whole family is in dallas and there are some family circumstances that would be a little better if I was there. what was it they did that you found encouraging? Just wondering, they haven't said anything to me yet, so i'm kinda in the dark.

hi,
i was pretty surprised to see my post since it was over a year ago, but this is what happened. i'm not a texas resident, i'm from oklahoma, but i also wanted to be closer to my family. my husband and i are both at the end of 3rd year now in philly. since we aren't texas residents, they only had room for one of us (they can only have a certain percentage of non-residents). so obviously, we decided to continue where we are. but it seemed like if they have room and you are in good standing at your school, it wasn't too difficult. good luck, we're going to be applying for residencies there soon.