UT Southwestern vs Dell: TMDSAS Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiggityDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the rank deadline coming up I was wondering if anybody had any advice on ranking these schools. I loved both schools when I interviewed, and I am looking at pursuing Ophtho. Any feedback would be much appreciated especially from anybody who had to make this decision in the last two years.

Members don't see this ad.

With the rank deadline coming up I was wondering if anybody had any advice on ranking these schools. I loved both schools when I interviewed, and I am looking at pursuing Ophtho. Any feedback would be much appreciated especially from anybody who had to make this decision in the last two years.
which one of them has a home program for Optho residency ?

I'm having a tough time with these two as well. I'm not sure which specialty I'm interested in, but I feel like if I was more interested in a competitive one like optho, I would lean closer to UTSW. I feel like there is certainly more risk in going to Dell while aiming for a competitive specialty

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the other posters as well. I would be worried about trying to go for a super competitive specialty from Dell. Not to say that you can't, but with their primary care mission and how new they are, it would definitely be more difficult than applying from an established research institution like UTSW.

Reactions: 1 user

Does anyone feel like Dell is super disorganized? I submitted my application three months ago and have heard nothing back. I contacted them about the process, and it seemed like the admissions committee didn't know much either. I'm out of state, and I know Texas schools have a slightly different overall process, but any info is appreciated...