Utah Anesthesia Job Market.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panetrain

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding the Northern Utah anesthesiology job market? What are the primary groups? Are they hiring? Any contact information would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding the Northern Utah anesthesiology job market? What are the primary groups? Are they hiring? Any contact information would be great.

There was a thread about this awhile back. If I recall, it's a tight market and the suggestion was that if you're not an LDS, U of Utah-trained man, you're unlkely to get anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stumbled across this old thread. FWIW, it does seem to be a pretty tight market. I know of a semi-recent grad that has been doing locums in UT and the surrounding states while trying to find a group to join. He has been doing this for ~4 years and the last time I heard he was looking into doing a peds fellowship with hopes that it would improve his marketability (perhaps at Primary Childrens) The bottom line is that the Wasatch Front is a fairly highly desirable place to live and SLC attracts many physicians and residents LDS and non-LDS alike. I've talked to a dozen or so non-UT native U of U residents, in a variety of specialties, and they almost exclusively state that the recreational opportunities are what attracted them to their program.

Resurrecting this thread one more time. From what I have gathered, the Utah gas market is dominated by MWA (>140 boarded gas docs) and other groups include Millcreek as well as a smaller group located in Logan. Does anyone have any further info? Thanks.