Utah (IS) vs. MWU-AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldDental

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ! I got accepted to both schools and I don’t know which one to decide on! My only concern is that the U is a newer school. And also Midwesterns’s tuition is double. I would really appreciate it if you would give me some pros and cons of each school and which one you guys would recommend.
Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Utah. Actually if you are really weighing the pros and cons then I’d say go to midwestern. That way another IS on Utah’s waitlist can take adavantage if saving 500k (including interest) and not be in life crippling debt for the next 29 years. Plus I hear midwestern has a great clinical program!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Utah, of course! It is a new public school with a budget like in private. Also if you have a significant other that can find a job in Utah they will cut your tuitions by half after 1 year! It's almost -$200 k!

Reactions: 1 user
If you want to go to Midwestern, do it. There's a reason you're questioning it, and you can listen to that gut reaction. The pros and cons for each are obvious, but don't let a bunch of internet strangers bully you. Yes, Midwestern will cost more.
Nobody is bullying anybody. This person has a chance to attend a relatively cheap state school and, after asking for advice, was advised overwhelmingly to pick the school that won't decimate his finances.

Reactions: 2 users
If you want to go to Midwestern, do it. There's a reason you're questioning it, and you can listen to that gut reaction. The pros and cons for each are obvious, but don't let a bunch of internet strangers bully you. Yes, Midwestern will cost more.

^Person who wants OP to give up their Utah seat lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
careful, bf505 is going to say you are bullying them...
I’m just saying...they clearly had a gut feeling about liking Midwestern and they wanted to talk it out and everyone is treating them like an idiot haha. They just wanted advice on both schools.