Utah State University vs. University of Utah?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering both USU and U of U, can anyone tell me any positives or negatives about either of these programs? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Schrodinger, I think the OP was asking about their Audiology programs.

I'm sorry, Anica, I'm not familiar with either of those programs.

From what I gathered, USU is focused on educational audiology and tele-audiology. I did not see a PhD listing on their site. UofU, on the other hand, offers both AuD and PhD degrees. I also noticed that UofU has an on-site clinic. USU has the Utah State Development Center but I'm not sure if that's on-campus or off-site. Information was harder to find on USU.

Caveat: I'm a bit prejudiced when it comes to university websites; I take their user-friendliness, frequency of updates, and information available as a reflection of the program. I know that's a bad idea because in reality they're probably not correlated, but I can't help it.

Members don't see this ad :)
SchrodingerCat and rEliseMe, thanks so much for looking into this for me! I have spent a lot of hours doing searches on both schools and you came up with things that I didn't. I believe USU does have an on-campus clinic, I hear you about the website thing though! I had so many problems with the online application process of one of the schools I applied to that it made me nervous to think about how it would be to attend there..

I will say that Iowa was 'medium' on my scale of 'never updates' to 'probably spends nights at home on the computer', and I see no correlation between that and the 'tech-savvy'ness of the program. Most of the technological aspects are things you'll encounter after entering the program, and the admissions website is manned by someone else entirely!