UTDB Houston interviews 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UTDB was (and I think still is) my first choice.
My interview didn't go SUPER as the others went (and that maybe because I am over-analyzing it since it is my top choice) so now I am starting to look at my other options.
The whole.... "we are only handing out a FEW offers" kind of turned me off too. I don't want to be pushed off into the "Later" pile which might mean competition between more applicants.

I dont want to fixate myself on any particular school -- I will decide once THEY decide :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, and I really liked San Antonio as well but I think I didn't pay much attention to it when I went there thinking Houston was my top choice.
So now, I am re-evaluating. lol.

:( come on houston... send me an interview invite! i've been waiting since freaking aug 4th!

^ is that the time you received app complete email?

^ is that the time you received app complete email?

Just checked my email to verify it and yes that is the date that they informed me that the application was received.

Aug 21st for me. I hope they are offering interviews for pre-dec

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Thank you Houston! I'm so excited! :soexcited:And made it before pre-Dec.
to boot! :highfive:Well not that one day matters, but just feel so relieved to finally have heard back from Houston. Interview on Nov. 30th. :banana: Anyone else have any luck today? Keep hope alive! (wow, that sounds cheesy :p) Good luck to you guys. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Thank you Houston! I'm so excited! :soexcited:And made it before pre-Dec.
to boot! :highfive:Well not that one day matters, but just feel so relieved to finally have heard back from Houston. Interview on Nov. 30th. :banana: Anyone else have any luck today? Keep hope alive! (wow, that sounds cheesy :p) Good luck to you guys. :luck:
astro1fan, if you don't mind me asking your stats, gpa and dat scores? do you know if they're still sending out pre-dec interviews?

Congrats Astro1fan....

and yes, I just checked my email after my SA interview and I have an invite from Houston for the same date (Nov. 30th) ......
Good luck to everyone...... I'm sure you will get your email soon.....

I hope i get mine soon! :xf:

CONGRATS ASTROS1FAN!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Astro1fan....

and yes, I just checked my email after my SA interview and I have an invite from Houston for the same date (Nov. 30th) ......

I just want to throw some words out there for inZomniac/Joshy: Even though your interview is scheduled before Dec, you will not hear from UTDB about acceptance until ~ mid February (whenever that 2nd round of acceptance batch is sent out). It happened to me! I was interviewed right before Thanksgiving Break (around mid Nov) and had to wait almost 2 months before I heard back from them. What am I trying to get here? DO NOT be worried if you don't get a 12/1 acceptance. It does not mean that the school does not like you... the adcoms just probably need some time to process things & put your name in the "acceptance" list :p

Goodluck on the interview! :D

congratulations!! i love all your little dancing icons!!

Congrats Astro1fan....

Thanks inZomniac. Looks like the Coogs are going to take over UTDB that day. Keenum for Heisman!!!!!!:D

I hope i get mine soon! :xf:

CONGRATS ASTROS1FAN!!!!!!

Thanks HarCho. No doubt you will get yours soon enough hopefully. Your stats merit an invite. They're a lot better than mine.

congratulations!! i love all your little dancing icons!!

Thanks DrTootle. I thought about editing the post because it seemed a little overboard, but decided to keep it because that was exactly how I felt at the moment. I waited a really long time to hear from them. And really looking forward to interviewing there.

I just want to throw some words out there for inZomniac/Joshy: Even though your interview is scheduled before Dec, you will not hear from UTDB about acceptance until ~ mid February (whenever that 2nd round of acceptance batch is sent out). It happened to me! I was interviewed right before Thanksgiving Break (around mid Nov) and had to wait almost 2 months before I heard back from them. What am I trying to get here? DO NOT be worried if you don't get a 12/1 acceptance. It does not mean that the school does not like you... the adcoms just probably need some time to process things & put your name in the "acceptance" list :p

Goodluck on the interview! :D

I had my interview in 2005 on Nov 14 and was accepted on Dec 1, so it is possible to get an acceptance at the mid-Nov point. But, Nov 30th, there is no chance. They will have already met abd selected the first round at that point. Actually, the letters of acceptances will have already been printed out by interview time on the 30th if not already sent out that day. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of acceptance letters sent out after the 1st round. Then main thing you will need to deal with is the crappy wait - like you have been up to this point.

Thanks Navy DDS and chocolate for your comments.... I kind of figured that much and wasn't expecting a decision within a day. I'm just happy to have a chance to talk to them... :oops:)

Thanks again ....

one of my friends also got an invite to Houston for November 30th.

CONGRATS GUYS!

Hey everyone, been reading this thread for sometime now. I know its a UTDB thread but I have a questions regarding Baylor. I received an invite post-dec for baylor and Im just curious if they also have a good amount of seats open after the 1st rd of acceptance on dec. 1st? Im hoping so, but I have no idea what to expect.

Hey everyone, been reading this thread for sometime now. I know its a UTDB thread but I have a questions regarding Baylor. I received an invite post-dec for baylor and Im just curious if they also have a good amount of seats open after the 1st rd of acceptance on dec. 1st? Im hoping so, but I have no idea what to expect.

when i had my baylor interview dr. miller told me that the past 3 years they have filled up their spots with dec 1st offers. so your chances of getting in if you have a post-dec 1st interview are much slimmer than those that had a pre-dec interview. good luck though!

I got an invite for Nov 30th last week, but I couldn't make that day. There was a cancelation yesterday, the 16th, which I took. The interview went very well, and I really liked the people at the school. Dr. Pierpont's explanation of how the whole process of getting multiple TX acceptances and waiting for other schools works was very helpful as well.

I got an invite for Nov 30th last week, but I couldn't make that day. There was a cancelation yesterday, the 16th, which I took. The interview went very well, and I really liked the people at the school. Dr. Pierpont's explanation of how the whole process of getting multiple TX acceptances and waiting for other schools works was very helpful as well.

It is great seeing you guys come through the clinics with Dr. P on the tours. The excitement on your faces seeing us work and envisioning you being in our seats in a few years is great. Hope you enjoyed your time at the school on Monday.

Does Houston email or send letters on Dec. 1st? If they send letters, did those you got them in the past receive them on Dec. 1st or a few days later?

...While your at it, do SA letters come on the 1st or a day or two later?

Gracias

Baylor: email
San Antonio: mail --receive it a few days later
Houston: email

gooood luck :D

Baylor: email
San Antonio: mail --receive it a few days later
Houston: email

gooood luck :D

Actually, this year the schools decided to go old skool. They are using the Pony Express. So, you'll get them in a week or two after they send them.:smuggrin:

I'm positive they told us SA will be using snail mail on 12/1. Can anyone confirm Houston? I don't remember what they said during my interview there...

I contacted Houston about my app status and they said I am in queue to be scheduled for an interview but they didnt tell me when will that be so my question is how much of a class is filled by Dec 1st acceptance in Houston.

Also what are my chances for acceptance with one pre dec interview and maybe one post dec interview. This is my third time applying with OGPA:3.38
ScGPA:3.34 graduated with Bio and Biochem. Summer dental program and few shadow hours.
3rd DAT: AA/TS/PAT 23/26/26

I am getting so nervous with dec 1st getting so near and I have no clue what to do if I dont get in this year. Any advice plz.

I contacted Houston about my app status and they said I am in queue to be scheduled for an interview but they didnt tell me when will that be so my question is how much of a class is filled by Dec 1st acceptance in Houston.

Also what are my chances for acceptance with one pre dec interview and maybe one post dec interview. This is my third time applying with OGPA:3.38
ScGPA:3.34 graduated with Bio and Biochem. Summer dental program and few shadow hours.
3rd DAT: AA/TS/PAT 23/26/26

I am getting so nervous with dec 1st getting so near and I have no clue what to do if I dont get in this year. Any advice plz.

I think you will be fine because of your HIGH DAT scores. After I interviewed at Houston, they said they were only going to send out about 40 offers for December 1st (basically to ideally fill up half their class). However, most of the offers will be sent in late February according to the dean. I remember he said last year they sent out a total of 140 offers to fill up the 84 seats. Hope everything goes well =)

thanks for the info. Sounds great b/c Houston is my number one choice. I hope for the best. :)

I think you will be fine because of your HIGH DAT scores. After I interviewed at Houston, they said they were only going to send out about 40 offers for December 1st (basically to ideally fill up half their class). However, most of the offers will be sent in late February according to the dean. I remember he said last year they sent out a total of 140 offers to fill up the 84 seats. Hope everything goes well =)

He also said that the 140 offers was unusually low. It's usually around 160-180. Hopefully the number goes back up :)

It is great seeing you guys come through the clinics with Dr. P on the tours. The excitement on your faces seeing us work and envisioning you being in our seats in a few years is great. Hope you enjoyed your time at the school on Monday.

I most definitely did, thanks.