Program-Specific Info / Q's UTEP MOT class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOTunderdog

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Looking to connect with the UTEP MOT class of 2019..
I just got my acceptance email today!

I'm so excited!!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Go Miners!

Members don't see this ad.

Also looking to hear from anyone who has gone through the program!

Hi, I got accepted too. Does anyone know if UTEP has sent out an official letter through OTCAS? And near what area is everyone planning to reside? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I got accepted too. Does anyone know if UTEP has sent out an official letter through OTCAS? And near what area is everyone planning to reside? Thanks!
I haven't gotten an official letter yet. I started looking at places to live but haven't committed to anything yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

Looking to connect with the UTEP MOT class of 2019..
I just got my acceptance email today!

I'm so excited!!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Go Miners!
How do you like the program so far?! I am applying to start in 2018 and would like to know more info about the program. Is it hands on or research based?

How do you like the program so far?! I am applying to start in 2018 and would like to know more info about the program. Is it hands on or research based?

Hey! I am currently a student at the UTEP MOT program and I can say that for the most it is hands-on, but some professors do conduct research.

Hey! I am currently a student at the UTEP MOT program and I can say that for the most it is hands-on, but some professors do conduct research.
Thanks for the info! I just received my acceptance email today.

How do you like the program? Is it what you expected? How are the tests designed?

Thanks for the info! I just received my acceptance email today.

How do you like the program? Is it what you expected? How are the tests designed?

Congratulations on getting in the program! That is so awesome!

I love the program, it has been what I expected, plus I’ve learned so much about the profession itself; it truly is rewarding. As of right now, for some classes, tests are written, some are practicals, others are a combination of both. From what I heard, we’ll be having verbal exams in the upcoming semesters, too.

@t
Congratulations on getting in the program! That is so awesome!

I love the program, it has been what I expected, plus I’ve learned so much about the profession itself; it truly is rewarding. As of right now, for some classes, tests are written, some are practicals, others are a combination of both. From what I heard, we’ll be having verbal exams in the upcoming semesters, too.

I'm from California and i'm nervous about accepting an invitation from UTEP because it's so unfamiliar. Are you from El Paso? Are the faculty members attentive to your needs?

@t

I'm from California and i'm nervous about accepting an invitation from UTEP because it's so unfamiliar. Are you from El Paso? Are the faculty members attentive to your needs?

We actually have a classmate that is from California, as well. You shouldn’t be nervous, El Paso is a very warming city. Yes, I am from here and the faculty members are awesome, they are pretty attentive to our needs.

Dr. Castillo said that they're sending out official letters in April. I also am wondering about housing since I'm moving from a different state. I don't know where to start looking. Do you have an idea of where you'll be living?