Bouddha

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi,

I'm planning on applying to the UTH MPH program as a back up to medical school, and to help bolster my med school app. I was originally going to do a dual program, but am not overly confident that I'll be accepted to mrs school this time around.

What are my chances of acceptance with a V: 530, Q:750, W: 4.5? My cGPA is 3.01, my BS GPA is 3.32, and my sGPA is 3.16. I have 6 years experience in military and worked in politics before switching to pre-med. I'll graduate with a dual degree, BS Bio and BA government.

Thanks.

swaffles

Bubbly Celt
Mar 5, 2010
New Jersey
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'd be cautiously optimistic.
Haha, that answer kills me.

I also heard that Texan schools are much more selective about admitting non-Texan residents (I'm guessing it has to do with their awesome tuition fees in part) than they are about admitting Texan residents, so that will probably also play a part in the process.

OP
Bouddha

Bouddha

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Word on the street is the MPH won't really bolster your med school app.
That's good to know, although my main motivation for doing the MPH is not med school admissions, but rather because I eventually want to combine my medical skill set with global health efforts. I may end up holding off on the MPH until I'm in med school, and focus on research for now. Thanks again.