UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you all heard anything from the dental school? I submitted the TMDSAS app on May 18, 2022

Submitted on 5/16 and they emailed me (6/29) that they received my application and would start the interview process in August. I believe last year (I'd have to double-check the thread) they were virtual interviews, but in the email they stated they hope they can all be in-person for this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted on 5/16 and they emailed me (6/29) that they received my application and would start the interview process in August. I believe last year (I'd have to double-check the thread) they were virtual interviews, but in the email they stated they hope they can all be in-person for this year.
I also received the email on 06/29.

Thank you for your interest in the UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry. This email confirms we have received your application for the 2023-2024 academic year.

Please remember that applicant interviews are granted on a competitive basis. Our interview season will begin in August and continue through the end of January 2023. If you are invited to interview, we will notify you via email two weeks in advance. Our hope is that all interviews will be in person this year.

During the application cycle please make all necessary updates to your application through TMDSAS. We will not be able to accept unofficial or official scores or transcripts via email. The first round of acceptances will be made in December and then on a rolling basis until the class is filled.

We wish you the best!

Sincerely,

School of Dentistry Admissions

Interview #2
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 8/3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/22
Application complete date: 6/27/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 28/28/18/26, no
Interview date: 8/22
Method of interview: In person

Interview #2
School: UTHSC - San Antonio
Notification date: 8/17
Residency: Texas (Hook Em')
TMDSAS Submission Date: 6/6/22
Application Process Date: 6/29/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections <17): 23/22/26/20, None
Interview date: August 29
Method of interview: In Person

I have sent thank you emails to the professors who organized the event or interviewed me. But none of them emailed me back. Is that a bad sign?

I have sent thank you emails to the professors who organized the event or interviewed me. But none of them emailed me back. Is that a bad sign?
Probably not. You're not the only one who got an interview, and thus aren't the only one sending out thank you emails. They're getting dozens of them, on top of their current jobs to do, and they do this year after year. You don't really think they'd bother with a reply, do you?

And oh, one more thing. Even it WAS a bad sign...what then? What can you do about it? Oh yeah, nothing. So nothing to worry or stress about either way.

At least you got an early interview. That is a great sign. I got my app in early May and still haven't heard anything. Trust the process they say.

At least you got an early interview. That is a great sign. I got my app in early May and still haven't heard anything. Trust the process they say.
I'm in the same boat, everything good to go and submitted in May, and not a peep. And I say the same thing, trust the process. Not everyone who gets into dental school (or even most people, more than likely) were ones who got interviews in the first round. Let's not get slightly bitter until December, shall we?

We got time... (more to me than you).

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/2022
Application complete date: 8/4/2022
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/23/22/30/no
Interview date: 9/19

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
Notification date: 8/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29/2022
Application complete date: 8/1/2022
GPA (science, overall): 3.85, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/22/24/24/no
Interview date: 9/19

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people are typically interviewed per day? It looks like interviews are held on Mondays from the dates posted here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: UT San Antonio
Notification date: 9/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/22/22
Application complete date: 6/29/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/20/22, no
Interview date: 10/3
Method of interview: In-person

Submitted on 9/8 to TMDSAS and they emailed me today (9/16) saying that they received my application. Hoping I'll hear back soon about an interview date. :)

Interview #2
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/22/22
Application complete date: 6/29/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/20/22, no
Interview date: 10/3
Method of interview: In-person
Hi! Thanks for sharing. I'm curious when did you receive a letter from UTHSCSA confirming they received your application? Thanks!

Interview #3
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/18/22
Application complete date: 5/18/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/21/21/19, no
Interview date: 10/03

Awesome! Good luck on those interviews guys. Also, is there anyone applying this year who is older or a nontraditional applicant?

Awesome! Good luck on those interviews guys. Also, is there anyone applying this year who is older or a nontraditional applicant?
I am an older and non traditional app ( second career)

I considered myself traditional since I didn’t take a break from school but I graduated with a bachelors in dental hygiene so I’m a dental hygienist!

I'm definitely older and non-traditional, lol. I've worked in public health for the last 10 years. Good luck to everyone!

Lol we have a good crew here. Lmk how yall interviews go.

I just received an invitation to interview at UTHSCSA 10/17/22! Best of luck to everyone!

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Interview: #1
Notification date: 9/23
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/8/22
Application complete date: 9/8/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 20/21/19/21, no
Interview date: 10/17

Honestly, I really do think they are looking at applications holistically. I've volunteered and worked with underserved populations and also grown up in South Texas my whole life. I also have two advanced degrees and currently work in dentistry. I didn't expect to get an interview so soon, so I'm hoping this a good sign. Also, I imagine strong recommendation letters and essays play a role too because the pool of candidates seems to be quite strong. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Interview: #2
Notification date: 11/2
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/26/22
Application complete date: 6/24/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 25/26/20/20, no
Interview date: 11/21

Interview #5
Notification date: 11/9
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/22
Application complete date: 7/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21 TS, 21 PAT, 18 RC, No
Dates available: Nov. 28th

Anyone recently received a long email that they have reviewed IS first and will start to review OOS and send interview invites in January and probably through February? Does this mean anything?

Best of luck to everyone tonight!!

Has anyone received good news?

I saw people said they were admitted at 12:01am last year. Does it mean they received the emails at 12:01am or the email was marked as sent at 12:01am but they received the email a bit later than that?

Congrats to you all who have received acceptance letters. I feel so sad for myself.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be?

does anyone know the next round of interviews or if they sent out any more interview invites?

For those that got accepted, how long do you have until you have to reply