Utilizing my time Efficiently - Any Advice will be Appreciated

Gingi

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
Status
Dear forum members.

After thinking a lot about something that really bugs me, and after trying to find solutions, tips and ideas in the forum without success, I decided to post this message. A little bit about me; I'm 30, former combat medic in the IDF, two publications, tons of research work at the NIH, almost perfect undergrad GPA. The missing part in my application is an OK MCAT grade.

I'm going to take the MCAT for the 3rd time. I'm not sure when yet, as I first want to know I'm ready before taking it. In the first two times I took it my score was in the low 20s. Despite my low grade, I ended up getting one interview with a US school, but didn't get in (placed on the wait list). In the past, I took the PR classroom course - which I found not helpful at all.

Before the 3rd time, I know what is my major weakness; it is mostly verbal. Therefore, I've been reading a lot for the past years, and expended my vocabulary (English is my third language). When I started to get myself together and study again, I decided to follow the PR homework guideline, as if I'm in the course. It's been useful for the process of refreshing my mind and getting into the exam's mindset, again.

Currently, my main concern is -- what to do next and how to do it. I find myself sitting in the library for hours and hours but at the end of the day realizing my study was not productive. Here are my options - if you think of anything else, please let me know.

1) I have the EK 1001 set. I can start working from it. Should I do it from the beginning to the end? or maybe according to a study plan? page numbers? does anyone know of such a plan?

2) Should I be working with get the Kaplan's online course (since practicing in front of a computer mimics the real thing)?

3) 1+2? or something else?

4) I know there is an amazing study plane written by SN2, but I can't get a hold on the BR books, and I don't want to buy them new, as they are very experiences. Plus, I have tons of other study materials which I can use.

5) What is the most productive way to learn from mistakes in verbal?

Thanks for taking the time reading and thanks for those who will reply.

Gingi