UTMB Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AISMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview invitation for UTMB. Is there anybody out there that has interviewed/attends UTMB willing to give me some advice on what to expect? How should I prepare? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Also, do the interviewers have my MCAT score in front of them?

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied to UTMB but Austin is still sitting on my application. When did you submit yours and how long after getting your applicant profile did you recieve an invitation?

Thanks and good luck on your interview!
Jeff

I don't mean to butt in here, but I'll give you my experience. I hand-delivered my UT System application on June 15th (I also submitted the corresponding secondaries around the same time) and my Initial Processing Date was July 20th. Within a couple of weeks I got interview invitations from UTMB, UT-Houston, and A&M. So it looks like the longest part of the process is TMDSAS. Good luck, and I hope you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my TMDSAS application at the end of May, and the secondaries within in that same week. Good Luck, I am sure you will hear from them soon!

I interviewed at UTMB last August. The day starts at 8pm and ends around 3:30pm. The inteviewers do not know your MCAT/GPA, but they do know the rest of your application. Warning, it is very humid around this time of year in Galveston, and you will have to walk outside among buildings (some a pretty good distance away especially if you are wearing heels) to get to some of your interviewers.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!