Utsw 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On serious note, I am stressed about all the material & about the details that have a steady state of inflow & outflow out of my head.

Members don't see this ad.

What did ya'll think about the exam? Everyone is talking about it, and I decided that I didn't want to listen because it makes me think about all the ones I got wrong that I thought were right. Well, there were a lot of details on that. Let me know what you guys thought?

Bad Mojo "I feel stupid for studying too much". -Gunner, that's my .02

Members don't see this ad :)
Giving My .02 said:
Bad Mojo "I feel stupid for studying too much". -Gunner, that's my .02

Just because I make an offhand comment to the director of the course, I'm a gunner. He's the one that started the conversation, anyways. I have no idea who anyone of authority is and will joke around with anyone, including Finn and Wynn.

ndi_amaka said:
What sucks most of all is that I understand the new stuff...even the gibberish Dr. Wang wrote!! But if it's been more than a week since I've read the material I can't remember it. It also seems like that stuff that I double underline, highlight, and write in big red letters "NEVER EVER FORGET!" is the first stuff to go...:(

I'll be alright though.

Our class is awesome. I thank D carral for that.

Ndi, who are you? I think I've met everyone else from SDN here in our class but I'm not sure who you are.

Okay, where are all you guys? Well, I just wanted to say for all you version A people out there, thank heavens for frameshift mutations!!!!!!

Giving My .02 said:
Okay, where are all you guys? Well, I just wanted to say for all you version A people out there, thank heavens for frameshift mutations!!!!!!

Was that not the MEANEST thing you ever heard of? Everybody else out celebrating getting their test over with, and me, I'm home psyching out over my pitiful grade. I thought I had lost my mind, cause I thought i had done okay. Even though it ruined my weekend, it sure was sweet when we finally found out, huh?

I went out of town to watch my sister's college game, and it was better to get on the road. Even before the frameshift mutation, I had done better than the previous exam, but I thought I had done better than the grade I got. It was a great feeling to get my 6 points back. Now I can really celebrate at the Ranger game.

On the serious as well as funny side... it is hard being in a class of really bright people who seem to never study (even though I know they do, except for bad mojo who claims he studied too much), but then I realize, it makes you better in the long run. Besides, these are the people we will be calling up and asking questions and referring people too. Now, there are people like jaboy and bad mojo!!!!!, I might think twice, no probably several times before I ask for their advice.

Giving My .02 said:
On the serious as well as funny side... it is hard being in a class of really bright people who seem to never study (even though I know they do, except for bad mojo who claims he studied too much), but then I realize, it makes you better in the long run. Besides, these are the people we will be calling up and asking questions and referring people too. Now, there are people like jaboy and bad mojo!!!!!, I might think twice, no probably several times before I ask for their advice.

Won't it be long distance for you to call me at my uro practice in Northern California from your residency program in Jamaica? Better get a calling card if you ever want to call me up to ask questions!

Like I said before, you are a TROLL. A closet GUNNER!

Bad Mojo said:
Won't it be long distance for you to call me at my uro practice in Northern California from your residency program in Jamaica? Better get a calling card if you ever want to call me up to ask questions!

Giving My .02 said:
Like I said before, you are a TROLL. A closet GUNNER!

A closet gunner huh? That sounds kind of kinky!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah baby. I'm Jason.. in F-carrel with all the other cool people >)

I don't know if this thread makes me more or less interested in attending UTSW

JDAD said:

:rolleyes:

JDAD said:

It's like a big party...with formaldehyde and scapels. I like it here. That's my 2 cents....

It should make you more interested! This is great evidence that UTSW students have PLENTY of free time.

Giving My .02 said:
Are ya'll getting ready for "Black October"

Wasn't Black October the name of the terrorist group that kidnapped the Israeli wrestling team and killed them at the 1972 Munich olmpics? Frankly, if that is true then I'm offended that you would compare midterms to one of the most appalling acts of anti-semitism since the holocaust. As if three tests could compare to the political and social repurcussions brought about by the group whose name you so casually toss about. As physicians, we should try to be open minded, and not belittle other groups of people who may not be like us. Thats MY two cents...

Whatever BadMojo, I didn't even know that referred to what you are talking about, all I did was say what the rest of everyone around here is saying. Now, you really got me mad this time. I am avoiding the carrels and you can forget about having me going to eat lunch with you guys this Friday.

Oh god, you two are a couple of drama queens.

Bad Mojo said:
Wasn't Black October the name of the terrorist group that kidnapped the Israeli wrestling team and killed them at the 1972 Munich olmpics? Frankly, if that is true then I'm offended that you would compare midterms to one of the most appalling acts of anti-semitism since the holocaust. As if three tests could compare to the political and social repurcussions brought about by the group whose name you so casually toss about. As physicians, we should try to be open minded, and not belittle other groups of people who may not be like us. Thats MY two cents...

Many apologies. Black September was the name of the Palestinian group involved in the Israeli team kidnapping. My faulty information led to me being the close minded one. How did they ever let me into medical school?

Bad Mojo said:
How did they ever let me into medical school?

MacGuyver?

Giving My .02 said:
Whatever BadMojo, I didn't even know that referred to what you are talking about, all I did was say what the rest of everyone around here is saying. Now, you really got me mad this time. I am avoiding the carrels and you can forget about having me going to eat lunch with you guys this Friday.
I will miss you at lunch, then. Maybe next week.

Okay everyone, bad mojo and I made up, so I will say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAD MOJO! Maybe next week jaboy, have a great weekend. I heard you and bad mojo were going into the anatomy lab on Saturday with GT. Don't study too hard!

Giving My .02 said:
Okay everyone, bad mojo and I made up, so I will say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAD MOJO! Maybe next week jaboy, have a great weekend. I heard you and bad mojo were going into the anatomy lab on Saturday with GT. Don't study too hard!
If GT will have us....you should come too!

Anyone want to work out a trade in Anatomy?

I'm sure my tank would be willing to make a trade...

I saw this movie once.....it was called "Cold as Ice", and man was it good. Mr. VanWinkle took the starring role.

I can't believe I joined this site. my med school career is essentially over. I hate you guys.

there is this prick in your MSTP class that I have MAJOR qualms with. you need to get his a$$ on these boards so I can bad mouth him anonymously. but seriously though, this first year i'm talking about needs to learn some serious manners and stop thinking he's on this high pedestal.

firebody said:
there is this prick in your MSTP class that I have MAJOR qualms with. you need to get his a$$ on these boards so I can bad mouth him anonymously. but seriously though, this first year i'm talking about needs to learn some serious manners and stop thinking he's on this high pedestal.

Badmojo and I will take care of the problem. I think I know who you are talking about.

BenYossarian said:
I can't believe I joined this site. my med school career is essentially over. I hate you guys.

Oh well. I flunked out after the first test. Now I just come in to school to pretend that I am a student. I like the feeling. No classes, no responsibilities, no work, and a lot of good sleep. Oh and BBQ on Fridays.

jaboy said:
Oh well. I flunked out after the first test. Now I just come in to school to pretend that I am a student. I like the feeling. No classes, no responsibilities, no work, and a lot of good sleep. Oh and BBQ on Fridays.

wait 'till you get your white coat this weekend. then you can walk around and pretend to be a doctor. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get someone to embroider M.D. next to your name. Or you could always write it in with a sharpie.

BenYossarian said:
wait 'till you get your white coat this weekend. then you can walk around and pretend to be a doctor. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get someone to embroider M.D. next to your name. Or you could always write it in with a sharpie.

Man, that is the best idea I have heard in a long time!

BTW: Blacktober is not officially over until the 31st of Blacktober. I can't wait until Redvember begins!

jaboy said:
Man, that is the best idea I have heard in a long time!

BTW: Blacktober is not officially over until the 31st of Blacktober. I can't wait until Redvember begins!

I'm pretty sure Redvember was a terrorist group Lebanon that blew up a Fiesta grocery store a few years back. If I remember, it had to do with an Apple Dapples shipment of some sort. I'm offended that you would so casually use the name of a group that brought about the pointless destruction of thousands of pounds of great, inexpensive apple-flavored cereal. Shame on you. Shame on you indeed.

Bad Mojo said:
I'm pretty sure Redvember was a terrorist group Lebanon that blew up a Fiesta grocery store a few years back. If I remember, it had to do with an Apple Dapples shipment of some sort. I'm offended that you would so casually use the name of a group that brought about the pointless destruction of thousands of pounds of great, inexpensive apple-flavored cereal. Shame on you. Shame on you indeed.

I am so ashamed. Don't worry guys, there is a fresh shipment of apple dapples on the way as we speak.

For everyone else reading this and don't know Bad Mojo & Jaboy, I wouldn't take them seriously. They are some of the most laid back people in our class, but yes, I am offended that they would joke about stuff like that. They told me I might be offended, and I am, because there are probably some people out there wondering how ya'll two got into med school, much less UTSW. They put on this big front that they are really laid back, but I, yes I have discovered they must be CLOSET GUNNERS since they seem to be doing really well on the exams! ;)

Giving My .02 said:
For everyone else reading this and don't know Bad Mojo & Jaboy, I wouldn't take them seriously. They are some of the most laid back people in our class, but yes, I am offended that they would joke about stuff like that. They told me I might be offended, and I am, because there are probably some people out there wondering how ya'll two got into med school, much less UTSW. They put on this big front that they are really laid back, but I, yes I have discovered they must be CLOSET GUNNERS since they seem to be doing really well on the exams! ;)

Apparently I never told you how midterms went...In order to be a closet gunner, you still have got to have the bullets. I think I inadvertently traded in my sniper rifle for a cap gun. Hopefully, I still have next summer open. We'll see, I might be interviewing soon at the Parker chiropractic college (if they even want to talk to me...)

Giving My .02 said:

Yeah right! Well vanilla ice over here is doing well....I have been watching a lot of movies this week though. That should count for something. The election is comming up and everyone should vote for the guy who will better serve the country and offer apple dapples for all, regardless of age, sex, religion, or race. You know the guy.

Bad Mojo said:
Apparently I never told you how midterms went...In order to be a closet gunner, you still have got to have the bullets. I think I inadvertently traded in my sniper rifle for a cap gun. Hopefully, I still have next summer open. We'll see, I might be interviewing soon at the Parker chiropractic college (if they even want to talk to me...)
I should have read all of the posts....I was over there yesterday and they still have a few slots open. I actually put in a good word for you. I think we can do it. I must admit that the only part of anatomy I liked was when we got to see the spine. I can't wait to snap, crackle and pop people.

they said ductus arteriosum on ER today.. haha it felt great.

jaboy said:
I should have read all of the posts....I was over there yesterday and they still have a few slots open. I actually put in a good word for you. I think we can do it. I must admit that the only part of anatomy I liked was when we got to see the spine. I can't wait to snap, crackle and pop people.

you guys will be back in business before you know it! ahahahaha..hah...I'm not funny.

BenYossarian said:
you guys will be back in business before you know it! ahahahaha..hah...I'm not funny.

Now now Mr. Yossarian, SDN is a place for mature and enlightened discussions concerning allopathic medicine, not a forum for you ill-timed puns. Such humor should be left at the door, buckaroo!

sunkists said:
they said ductus arteriosum on ER today.. haha it felt great.

Cool, when we were going over it on Wednesday, I accidently said ligamentum flavum, and my whole tank group started laughing at me.

Bad Mojo said:
Now now Mr. Yossarian, SDN is a place for mature and enlightened discussions concerning allopathic medicine, not a forum for you ill-timed puns. Such humor should be left at the door, buckaroo!

I am sorry, sir. I was unaware of the ettiquite rules for the Student Doctor Network Forums. I will not make the same mistake again. I will not say anything that somebody could find funny, controversial or entertaining.

Giving My .02 said:
Cool, when we were going over it on Wednesday, I accidently said ligamentum flavum, and my whole tank group started laughing at me.

I used to chew ligamentum flavum but I switched to Big Red last year.

Giving My. 02 is the coolest!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Luckily, I signed you out Jaboy, I don't know if anyone else posted under your name, but luckily your favorite carrel buddy is watching your back. ;)