nala

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status
Anatomy is 1 semester.
Fall first year: Anatomy, Biochem, CTS (Cell and Tissue Structure - a combo of cell bio and histo, with a little physio to learn intro stuff before spring semester)

Spring first year: Physio (with a little CTS mixed in; so when you learn cardiovascular physio, you learn the histology of the heart and bv), genetics, neuro, human behavior

Second year: path and pharm are both year-long courses, micro starts in the fall and finishes in March, and psychopathology and epidemiology are 1 semester each. Path and Pharm have cumulative finals as preparation for the boards.

Both years also have a year long "Practice of Medicine" course in small groups of 6 students to 2 mentors. Here you learn how to take histories, do physicals, etc.

Overall it is a pretty traditional curriculum; no blocks like a lot of schools have now. I think they are making some changes to it for next year but nothing too terribly drastic.
Hope this helps!!

nala

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status
Beth Bailey will start sending you a ton of emails around April of this year (if you're an incoming for next year). A lot of them are current students who are looking for roommates. In reference to your question, one of the emails we got was from a group of students who were setting up a camping trip - if I remember correctly it was about 2 - 3 days long, just a chance to get to meet some other incoming students and some older students. I couldn't go but I heard it was a ton of fun.

I checked a DRAFT of next year's calendar - looks like your orientation starts on Monday, August 8th (it's mandatory to be there the first day). It is a week long so classes would start the 15th. It looks like you finish up for the year around June 10th. The schedule is a bit different from this year's 1st year schedule (we finish the end of May this year), so please know that the info I gave you could very well change.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads