UVA Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohsocrafty22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite the fact that not a lot of SDNers talk about UVA, here is the "official" post for UVA Class of 2009. I am 90% sure I will be there in the fall and I am quite excited about it. For those who have been accepted, are you going to the second look weekend in the middle of April?

Hope to see you all in the fall!

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=3221

Members don't see this ad.

ohsocrafty22 said:
Despite the fact that not a lot of SDNers talk about UVA, here is the "official" post for UVA Class of 2009. I am 90% sure I will be there in the fall and I am quite excited about it. For those who have been accepted, are you going to the second look weekend in the middle of April?

Hope to see you all in the fall!

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=3221
I go here for undergrad so I don't really need to learn more about the school. I just really want to see what types of people I'd be spending 4 years with.

Members don't see this ad :)
ohsocrafty22 said:
well-timed bump, I'm seriously considering UVA if they soften that out-of-state tuition come May 1st. I heard they're pretty good about that.

I'll be at second look and most likely @ UVa this year ... but anxiously awaiting to see if they do anything about my out of state tuition... :D

I have to decide if I want to go to 2nd look by the end of the week, but I'm not sure. I got the email, but it seems like the event plans were just thrown together. I'd go back if I needed to see more. What I really need is a sign from god.

I can't make the second look, but I am going there at the beginning of next week for my own second look. I am pretty excited about it and pretty sure I will be there in the fall. It seems like a great place to be, academically and socially.
As for the financial aid, I heard they really work with out-of-staters. I hope that is the case!

ohsocrafty22 said:
I can't make the second look, but I am going there at the beginning of next week for my own second look. I am pretty excited about it and pretty sure I will be there in the fall. It seems like a great place to be, academically and socially.
As for the financial aid, I heard they really work with out-of-staters. I hope that is the case!

Congrats to all of you,
UVA is an A+ school and has some awesome facilities; cville is beautiful and the students at the SOM are overall very friendly. You should check out their matchlist... it is VERY good and your options are limitless regarding what field you want to enter; the only frustrating thing is during the 3rd yr you have to travel to roanoke for quite a while. Other than that it pretty much rocks. I wish you best of luck and I would advise thinking about buying a home in Cville if you are married or just want to invest... it can be a great move.

- plastic buddy

I will be there for sure next year, but won't be at the 2nd look weekend. I visited over my own spring break a few weeks ago and made my final decision then.

plasticbuddy said:
Congrats to all of you,
UVA is an A+ school and has some awesome facilities; cville is beautiful and the students at the SOM are overall very friendly. You should check out their matchlist... it is VERY good and your options are limitless regarding what field you want to enter; the only frustrating thing is during the 3rd yr you have to travel to roanoke for quite a while. Other than that it pretty much rocks. I wish you best of luck and I would advise thinking about buying a home in Cville if you are married or just want to invest... it can be a great move.

- plastic buddy

Does anyone have any information on the UVA waitlist such as how many people are on it, do they reject anyone post-interview, and is there typically a lot of movement come May 15th. I really love UVA a lot and I want to better assess my chances of getting admitted from the waitlist. Any information that anyone has would be appreciated. Congrats to all those accepted.

Carraway said:
Does anyone have any information on the UVA waitlist such as how many people are on it, do they reject anyone post-interview, and is there typically a lot of movement come May 15th. I really love UVA a lot and I want to better assess my chances of getting admitted from the waitlist. Any information that anyone has would be appreciated. Congrats to all those accepted.

Hi there,
You can go to the UVA School of Medicine website and read the information about being on the waitlist. UVA is a great medical school and Charlottesville is a great place to live and go to school.

nbjmd :)

Carraway said:

My impression from the interview day was that they don't place a lot of people on the waiting list but that the movement on/off it is minimal.

Do any of you know UVA's policy regarding previous residents?

I remember seeing (maybe on their website) that they show some sort of preference to previous residents (that are intending to return, I image.) Not sure if it's somewhere between out-of-state and in-state status.

I'm from Virginia, went into the Marines about 6 yrs ago and I am now a Ga resident. I eventually want to end back up in Va, and UVA is where I would like to be.

I know it's not common, just wondering if any of you had heard anything regarding this. Thanks!

a bump for EvoDevo...thanks for moving this thread over