UVa's LOR requirements ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pemberley

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm too embarrassed to call and ask, because I just know if I do, it'll turn out the info's in someplace really obvious and I've just missed it. :oops:

However, I'm from a no-pre-med-committee school. I've been trying to figure out what UVa's requirements are for LORs -- I've searched their website and this forum... somebody else asked already, but for a whole list of schools, and I don't know how hard s/he searched each one. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3790883&postcount=1),

I just want to double-check that I'm not the only idiot who can't find these instructions.

Members don't see this ad.

I would be interested in knowing this as well. I can't find anything about LOR requirements on their website. Maybe they don't want any? :p

coco11 said:
I would be interested in knowing this as well. I can't find anything about LOR requirements on their website. Maybe they don't want any? :p

Well, the fact that you can't find it either makes me feel a little better... people post questions here all the time that can be answered by a brief MSAR-look or website-search, and this really feels as if it ought to be one of them.

I'll bite the bullet and call, and tell you what I find out. And whether I get ridiculed and censured by the admissions office staff. :scared:

Edit: Ok, the lady was very nice. She said UVa wants a minimum of 2 LORs; we can submit more but it's better to have two nice strong ones. They recommend LORs from science professors, but non-traditional applicants always have the option of sending LORs from bosses or other sources if they don't have the recommended LORs.