UVM Grad Student Housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a longshot, but I was wondering if anyone onboard has lived in UVM's married/grad student housing (County and Ethan Allen Apartments)? Any thoughts?

I'm a 35 year old married guy who's moving to Vermont from California with his wife to attend med school. Since my wife doesn't know anyone in Vermont and I'll be hitting the books, I thought the apartments seemed like it might have a nice sense of community so that she'll feel included in the experience. But the buses only running to town every half hour and stopping at 9:30pm and on Sundays make me wonder if we'd feel a bit isolated.

Any thoughts? I'd love to live in Burlington itself, but it seems pretty challenging to find a place from where I'm at. Getting a room in a house is one thing, but trying to find a 2BR in Burlington site unseen from San Francisco seems kind of dicey. And I've heard waiting until hitting Vermont in July would be a mistake.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Try getting a place at centennial court, they are apartments owned by UVm and right next to campus on East Ave. I lived there 2 years and it was great. Rent's not great, but it's doable. The places are definitely nicer than the apartments I saw at Ethan Allen, plus you can walk to class. The traffic can be really bad in the am and evening rush hour and being able to simply walk in is key at those times.

Good Luck!