UVM has made a decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silas2642

silas2642
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The admissions committee has met, a decision has been made and I have no idea what it is? Please tell me they notify by phone.... it's going to kill me to wait for snail mail.

Members don't see this ad.

silas2642 said:
The admissions committee has met, a decision has been made and I have no idea what it is? Please tell me they notify by phone.... it's going to kill me to wait for snail mail.

For out of staters, I don't think they accept you unless it is from the waitlist. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) So you should expect snail mail of waitlist or reject if you are out of state.

LessThanJake said:
For out of staters, I don't think they accept you unless it is from the waitlist. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) So you should expect snail mail of waitlist or reject if you are out of state.

How do you know this? A decision has been made for me as well, but I have no idea what it is. I'd sure like to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
LessThanJake said:

This may be true, but I doubt it.

silas2642 said:
This may be true, but I doubt it.

Ya I don't think it's true. When I interviewed there nobody was from Vermont and they specifically said that we will recieve an acceptance, waitlist or rejection.

I have heard that they do waitlist a lot of out of staters...I had the decision rendered message and was waitlisted...out of state

Hi guys, let us know if any out of staters were accepted right away. I was waitlisted...so I was just curious. Thanks.

LessThanJake said:
Hi guys, let us know if any out of staters were accepted right away. I was waitlisted...so I was just curious. Thanks.

Yeah, I know... It's weird that there's only been one acceptance on the wall of Fame... Has anyone out there who hasn't been waitlisted or rejected gotten their news on the status update? Or is this decision rendered, we'll get to you crap a sign of bad times to come?

silas2642 said:

I just checked my status, and it says the same thing. I called the admissions office. They will not tell you over the phone. I guess we do have to wait a little longer for the snail mail! Damn you post-office .. why can't you be faster like email??

Merry Christmas. Just wanted to sincerely wish all of you the very best - especically the ones who are really serious about UVM. Its a great great school. Tuition is not so great!

S.

Just wanted to post on this thread. I got the decision rendered email as well. If Drexel comes through for me, I will be withdrawing my ap, even from the waitlist... (lol, i doubt i got an acceptance)...

Goodluck!!!

I just checked my status page and I also have the "a final decision has been rendered" message :eek:

I hope they sent the letters out today because then maybe mine has a chance of making it here by tomorrow? This waiting is going to kill me. I had a great time at my UVM interview and I would really like to go there!

Best of luck to all of you :luck: I hope we all don't have to wait that much longer.

shahab said:
I just checked my status, and it says the same thing. I called the admissions office. They will not tell you over the phone. I guess we do have to wait a little longer for the snail mail! Damn you post-office .. why can't you be faster like email??

Merry Christmas. Just wanted to sincerely wish all of you the very best - especically the ones who are really serious about UVM. Its a great great school. Tuition is not so great!

S.
is this post-interview???

Little Rascal said:
is this post-interview???

Yes. I had interviewed there on Nov. 3rd. So..this is the final decision from UVM. Hopefully, we will receive letters early next week.

Best wishes.
shahab

Members don't see this ad :)
shahab said:
Yes. I had interviewed there on Nov. 3rd. So..this is the final decision from UVM. Hopefully, we will receive letters early next week.

Best wishes.
shahab
Oh, cool congrats and good luck :luck: ...I'm still waiting to hear if I will get an interview.

Caligirl98 said:
I just checked my status page and I also have the "a final decision has been rendered" message :eek:

I hope they sent the letters out today because then maybe mine has a chance of making it here by tomorrow? This waiting is going to kill me. I had a great time at my UVM interview and I would really like to go there!

Best of luck to all of you :luck: I hope we all don't have to wait that much longer.

I'm with ya on the whole waiting part. I'm so sick of waiting, the happiest day of my life may just be a couple of days away but I just don't know. Best of luck to you and everyone else, UVM seems awesome!

MDCali said:
I'm with ya on the whole waiting part. I'm so sick of waiting, the happiest day of my life may just be a couple of days away but I just don't know. Best of luck to you and everyone else, UVM seems awesome!

I know, a really great day may just be around the corner, but a really crappy day may be there in its place. I'm not sure if my strategy is to think that I got in and be optimistic about the entire thing or just say that I know I've been rejected or waitlisted and save myself the grief when that thin little envelope comes to my door. Speaking of which, is the acceptance letter thick or thin? I want to start panicking as soon as humanly possible.

I may have found a way to keep my mind off whether a letter will come in the mail today...Looking at my computer every 30 seconds to see if I've been chosen to exit the virtual waiting room on the red sox website to see if I can purchase Sox Pax tickets :)

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I'm thinking there has to be some acceptances in this round since it doesn't seem like there have been that many given out so far.

shahab said:

S.

when i called last week about my status after my interview in nov, she said to call back next week, why would she say that if she is not going to let me know about it?
hummm, weird.

Caligirl98 said:
I may have found a way to keep my mind off whether a letter will come in the mail today...Looking at my computer every 30 seconds to see if I've been chosen to exit the virtual waiting room on the red sox website to see if I can purchase Sox Pax tickets :)

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I'm thinking there has to be some acceptances in this round since it doesn't seem like there have been that many given out so far.

Hey, I'm in the red sox virtual waiting room too!

Here's a tip: with firefox you can have more than one session going at once. Just open up a new browser and paste in the link. It has worked for one of my friends already!

7FAT12 said:
Hey, I'm in the red sox virtual waiting room too!

Here's a tip: with firefox you can have more than one session going at once. Just open up a new browser and paste in the link. It has worked for one of my friends already!

Thanks for the tip! Even with 4 windows going at once I still have not been able to get out of the waiting room.

Mail just came...No letter from UVM today :(

Caligirl98 said:
Thanks for the tip! Even with 4 windows going at once I still have not been able to get out of the waiting room.

Mail just came...No letter from UVM today :(

I haven't seen the mailman yet... I am literally waiting by my mailbox for the mail listening to Christina Aguilera. I'm pretty sure that makes me a loser. I don't think UVM admits losers. We get waitlisted or rejected. Damn.

Well, I just pounced on the mailman and I got nothing. I can't believe that the US postal service doesn't deliver on Sundays. Stupid federal government.

i called uvm today, she said they are working on the letters, they have to give the letter to the dean to see, after that on the mail.
she says they will have them on the mail before the break. she hopes. :(

but they wouldn't tell you over the phone?

baby4you said:
i called uvm today, she said they are working on the letters, they have to give the letter to the dean to see, after that on the mail.
she says they will have them on the mail before the break. she hopes. :(

They haven't even been mailed out yet??? AAAUUUGGGHHHHHHH!

Camillekc said:
but they wouldn't tell you over the phone?

i dont know, :rolleyes: i pushed a little but she kept telling me to be wait a little bit more.

silas2642 said:

that is what looked like.
i was thinking that may be we should called again and asked about the mess. on our status page, if it is standart or if it will change if we are waitlisted or accepted or rejected.
i will call but i think she knows me already and i dont want to bother so much.

I called UVM and they told me that after much deliberation, coin-flips and rock-paper-scissors the majority of the adcoms have finally decided to order Chinese Food for lunch at their meeting. The adcoms who picked pizza will be notified via snail mail that the luch menu has changed and their pick has been rejected. They will be notified within the next several weeks of the change unless they die of starvation first.

RayhanS1282 said:
I called UVM and they told me that after much deliberation, coin-flips and rock-paper-scissors the majority of the adcoms have finally decided to order Chinese Food for lunch at their meeting. The adcoms who picked pizza will be notified via snail mail that the luch menu has changed and their pick has been rejected. They will be notified within the next several weeks of the change unless they die of starvation first.
Rayhan, you are on fire this morning!

gdbaby said:
Rayhan, you are on fire this morning!

Thank you much...the rejection from Stony has a lit a fire under my ass, around it and inside it as well.

silas2642 said:

You know exactly how I feel!:)

RayhanS1282 said:
Thank you much...the rejection from Stony has a lit a fire under my ass, around it and inside it as well.
There are creams for that, but I prefer you "inflamed" Sorry about Stony. Better than being a back-up ho at GW and Loyola. I didn't even know Jesuits kept back-up ho's!

RayhanS1282 said:
:D :)

RayhanS1282 said:

Your pure and excellent sense of humor alone should get you into a medical school!

S.

gdbaby said:
There are creams for that, but I prefer you "inflamed" Sorry about Stony. Better than being a back-up ho at GW and Loyola. I didn't even know Jesuits kept back-up ho's!

:laugh:

Your reply gave me an idea for a new thread...
What would you rather have: a very severe case of Hemorrhoids or a rejection?

I finally received my letter from UVM in the mail this morning...it's the waitlist for me. I was disappointed when I opened up my letter since I really liked UVM and think that the school fits my personality well but I am also trying to keep up the optimistic attitude since I am out-of-state and most oos people have been put on the waitlist. My letter was postmarked December 15th so those of you still waiting should hear something very soon. Best of luck to you all! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Caligirl98 said:
I finally received my letter from UVM in the mail this morning...it's the waitlist for me. I was disappointed when I opened up my letter since I really liked UVM and think that the school fits my personality well but I am also trying to keep up the optimistic attitude since I am out-of-state and most oos people have been put on the waitlist. My letter was postmarked December 15th so those of you still waiting should hear something very soon. Best of luck to you all! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Do you know how their notify you if you are accepted? phone call?

Im sorry to hear about your waitlist... that stinks... but just mark it off to being OOS. I hope you ultimately get in. Good luck.

beponychick said:
Do you know how their notify you if you are accepted? phone call?

Im sorry to hear about your waitlist... that stinks... but just mark it off to being OOS. I hope you ultimately get in. Good luck.

I got the infamous out of state thin letter too.... But I'm pretty sure that they notify everyone good or bad through via the US mail.

my interviewer told me that they dont normally accept out of staters unless its from the waitlist because they need to see how many people from vermont apply

LessThanJake said:
my interviewer told me that they dont normally accept out of staters unless its from the waitlist because they need to see how many people from vermont apply

oh what a waste of time! sheesh. i still havent gotten the waitlist letter, but as soon as i do, im withdrawing!

beponychick said:
oh what a waste of time! sheesh. i still havent gotten the waitlist letter, but as soon as i do, im withdrawing!

Got the waitlist letter today too. Now I have to do some serious thinking whether I should seriously consider UVM. I love the school, I love the place. I am just concerned how I would manage financial aspect - tuition, living cost for my family. Tuition and living cost both are pretty expensive.

Anyone in my situation? I am just thinking about the best case scenario. If I do get off the waitlist and decide to go to UVM - my wife is gonna try to get a job. But with so much uncertainty, I can't even think about financial headaches.

Well, best wishes all..take care.