hoyablue

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
11
0
Status
I heard that UVM is currently only giving out waitlist or rejections to current interviewees. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hoyablue said:
I heard that UVM is currently only giving out waitlist or rejections to current interviewees. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks
i hope not!
 

rachel711

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
28
0
Status
interviews starting from when? feb on will only be waitlisted or rejected? or dec/jan interviews too?
 
OP
H

hoyablue

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
11
0
Status
rachel711 said:
interviews starting from when? feb on will only be waitlisted or rejected? or dec/jan interviews too?
I'm not sure and I'm not even sure if its true or not. Trying to get some confirmation here :(
 

kc123

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
178
0
Visit site
Status
I really hope that's not true! I interviewed in February, and the dean said in his opening remarks that the class was about 50% full, and that most of us interviewing that day would receive waitlist spots. But, he said they were still interviewing for actual spots....that he wouldn't otherwise be holding interviews. Hope that helps.
 

KiKat37

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
499
0
Status
Arrgghh... That sucks. I hope that's not true! I'm scheduled in March!! It's gonna be very expensive for me to go all the way to UVM, stay at a hotel overnight, etc. I really don't wanna do it for a waitlist spot - at best! :(
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
well, kc123's post made me feel better :) i hope its not true either
 
OP
H

hoyablue

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
11
0
Status
I've been emailing UVM asking them if this was true but no response yet! :mad: :mad: :mad:
 

drjazz

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
48
0
Status
Anyone tried emailed the "Student Hosts" for the interview invite?
 

KiKat37

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
499
0
Status
Thanks for emailing them! :) But, I doubt they'll get back to you... Because if they tell applicants who already have acceptances at other places that they'll be interviewing for waitlist spots, those people might just not go to their interviews. I don't know if that makes sense... :rolleyes: Oh well, I don't have any acceptances yet and I like the school. So, I'll go anyway and jope for the best. I'll just cross my fingers for all of us!! :luck:
 
OP
H

hoyablue

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
11
0
Status
KiKat37 said:
Thanks for emailing them! :) But, I doubt they'll get back to you... Because if they tell applicants who already have acceptances at other places that they'll be interviewing for waitlist spots, those people might just not go to their interviews. I don't know if that makes sense... :rolleyes: Oh well, I don't have any acceptances yet and I like the school. So, I'll go anyway and jope for the best. I'll just cross my fingers for all of us!! :luck:

This is what they sent me.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Many acceptance letters are yet to follow for the 2005-6 academic year.

Sincerely,

Patricia Forguites

-------------------------------------------------------------

That could just mean that they send acceptances when they take people off the waitlist. Not very informative in my opinion.
 

KiKat37

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
499
0
Status
hoyablue said:
That could just mean that they send acceptances when they take people off the waitlist. Not very informative in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. But, it gives me hope!! :D
Thanks for sharing the info. :thumbup:
 

KiKat37

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
499
0
Status
By the way, I have another question. When you guys got your invite and sent back the card to the school, did you get any kind of confirmation in return? Because I didn't. And, I'm wondering if I should have... :confused:
Thanks!
 

kc123

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
178
0
Visit site
Status
No confirmation -- I just showed up that day, and they had a packet prepared for me! Good luck!!
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
KiKat37 said:
By the way, I have another question. When you guys got your invite and sent back the card to the school, did you get any kind of confirmation in return? Because I didn't. And, I'm wondering if I should have... :confused:
Thanks!
i didnt get a confirmation either....whens ur interview kit? mines on 3/3
 

KiKat37

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
499
0
Status
gintien said:
i didnt get a confirmation either....whens ur interview kit? mines on 3/3
Thanks for the info. Mine is on 3/3 as well! PM me if you wanna talk about it. Gluck! :luck: