UVM interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoyablue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that UVM is currently only giving out waitlist or rejections to current interviewees. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hoyablue said:
I heard that UVM is currently only giving out waitlist or rejections to current interviewees. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

i hope not!

interviews starting from when? feb on will only be waitlisted or rejected? or dec/jan interviews too?

Members don't see this ad :)
rachel711 said:
interviews starting from when? feb on will only be waitlisted or rejected? or dec/jan interviews too?

I'm not sure and I'm not even sure if its true or not. Trying to get some confirmation here :(

I really hope that's not true! I interviewed in February, and the dean said in his opening remarks that the class was about 50% full, and that most of us interviewing that day would receive waitlist spots. But, he said they were still interviewing for actual spots....that he wouldn't otherwise be holding interviews. Hope that helps.

Arrgghh... That sucks. I hope that's not true! I'm scheduled in March!! It's gonna be very expensive for me to go all the way to UVM, stay at a hotel overnight, etc. I really don't wanna do it for a waitlist spot - at best! :(

well, kc123's post made me feel better :) i hope its not true either

I've been emailing UVM asking them if this was true but no response yet! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone tried emailed the "Student Hosts" for the interview invite?

Thanks for emailing them! :) But, I doubt they'll get back to you... Because if they tell applicants who already have acceptances at other places that they'll be interviewing for waitlist spots, those people might just not go to their interviews. I don't know if that makes sense... :rolleyes: Oh well, I don't have any acceptances yet and I like the school. So, I'll go anyway and jope for the best. I'll just cross my fingers for all of us!! :luck:

KiKat37 said:
Thanks for emailing them! :) But, I doubt they'll get back to you... Because if they tell applicants who already have acceptances at other places that they'll be interviewing for waitlist spots, those people might just not go to their interviews. I don't know if that makes sense... :rolleyes: Oh well, I don't have any acceptances yet and I like the school. So, I'll go anyway and jope for the best. I'll just cross my fingers for all of us!! :luck:

This is what they sent me.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Many acceptance letters are yet to follow for the 2005-6 academic year.

Sincerely,

Patricia Forguites

-------------------------------------------------------------

That could just mean that they send acceptances when they take people off the waitlist. Not very informative in my opinion.

hoyablue said:
That could just mean that they send acceptances when they take people off the waitlist. Not very informative in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. But, it gives me hope!! :D
Thanks for sharing the info. :thumbup:

By the way, I have another question. When you guys got your invite and sent back the card to the school, did you get any kind of confirmation in return? Because I didn't. And, I'm wondering if I should have... :confused:
Thanks!

No confirmation -- I just showed up that day, and they had a packet prepared for me! Good luck!!

KiKat37 said:
By the way, I have another question. When you guys got your invite and sent back the card to the school, did you get any kind of confirmation in return? Because I didn't. And, I'm wondering if I should have... :confused:
Thanks!

i didnt get a confirmation either....whens ur interview kit? mines on 3/3

gintien said:
i didnt get a confirmation either....whens ur interview kit? mines on 3/3

Thanks for the info. Mine is on 3/3 as well! PM me if you wanna talk about it. Gluck! :luck: