UVM or Dartmouth???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phdng1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!

I was recently accepted to both schools off the Maine Access Waitlist (so unless you're also from ME, I'm not competing with you, and my chosing one school wouldn't open up a seat for you-but good luck if you're waitlisted!! I know what a difficult spot that is). I can't decide, I loved them both. I got a 20k scholarship from Dartmouth, and a 10k from UVM (with a possible grant of 12k), but UVM is 10k more expensive. I figure if I go to Dartmouth, I'd save at least 50k. But it's not all about the $! I don't have a chance to revisit the schools. I loved UVM, everyone's so nice there. But people were great at Dartmouth too. They both have great reputations. Any suggestions? Does anyone know anyone at either school? Thanks in advance!!!

-D

Members don't see this ad.

Dartmouth :thumbup: especially if you loved it and it will be cheaper for you

strawberryfield said:
Dartmouth :thumbup: especially if you loved it and it will be cheaper for you

I'd also recommend Dartmouth, but to be honest, I don't really have a good reason why (probably just more aid and general name-recognition).

I'm assuming that you've already considered both school's environment and curriculum (if you haven't, then go do it).

Therefore, I suggest that you check out the match lists of each school and think about what specialty you might want to go into. Here's the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=187352

If one school stands out for matching well in your particular specialty, you might want to consider going to that medical school. Once again, choose this after considering the school's environment and curriculum.

Congratulations on your acceptances and best of luck.
-Dr. P.