UW-Madison c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old-Country-Vet-Tech

UF CVM c/o 2024
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm starting this thread because for some reason no one made one for this awesome veterinary school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Feel free to ask me questions! I came into the school without knowing much about the atmosphere or curriculum so I was very unsure, but I love it here so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Feel free to ask me questions! I came into the school without knowing much about the atmosphere or curriculum so I was very unsure, but I love it here so far!
I actually am really hoping I get the chance to go to one of the midwest schools. They are very nice and it seems the large animal programs are great. I also like the areas. A few of my professors are UW alum and have said great things.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS and applying here as well! Went here for undergrad and really hoping to be able to go back :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just sent in my GRE. It's the only really harmful part of my app. I have a high verbal but my quant is boderline 148. My writing is high though. I did put everything in my main explanation statement however about why my quant is lower.

Hi all! OOS applicant!

Does anyone know when they'll send out the supplemental essay prompt? O:

Reminder to check your email next week because they said mid nov

So I'm a little confused...is everyone who applied to UW going to get the supplemental app emailed to them? Or is it just the candidates who they want to move forward with that get it?

So I'm a little confused...is everyone who applied to UW going to get the supplemental app emailed to them? Or is it just the candidates who they want to move forward with that get it?
It is my understanding that everybody gets the supplemental application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email today asking me to send them not my last GRE scores but the ones before that, which I did not know they needed. They also mentioned that the supplemental would be sent around late November.

Got an email today asking me to send them not my last GRE scores but the ones before that, which I did not know they needed. They also mentioned that the supplemental would be sent around late November.
I just sent them both test results to be safe because yeah no been there with UF

Last year's applicants got the supplemental app on November 20th!

Hi all, OOS applicant! Wishing everyone the best of luck.

I just sent them both test results to be safe because yeah no been there with UF

I only sent them my most recent one as well since I outscored on the test I delivered, and my other test was from 2015 from getting my MPH (I am non-traditional). I responded and let them know (especially since it's extra $ to send old scores!)

Looks like we aren't getting the supplemental app today. Maybe tomorrow will be the day! :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received the supplemental application? I’ve been checking my spam folder but I haven’t received anything yet.

Has anyone received the supplemental application? I’ve been checking my spam folder but I haven’t received anything yet.

I haven't received it either

Those who have received it, may I ask what your last names begin with?

I received mine! My last name begins with an N...received email at 3:30pm.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got mine now! Last name starts with an S.

Just got mine. Last name is a "Z" lol so hopefully they're all out now.

I reviewed mine at 4:35pm EST and my last name starts with R. Is it that everyone that submitted a VMCAS application received a supplemental?

I reviewed mine at 4:35pm EST and my last name starts with R. Is it that everyone that submitted a VMCAS application received a supplemental?
I think I read somewhere (either from an email of theirs or from their website) that unless you are incredibly deficient (like lacking too many prerequisite courses or something of that nature), which would make you automatically disqualified, everyone is supposed to get one.

So does anybody else not remember being asked about first and second career choices on the VMCAS application? (I’m referring to the Diversity Section of the supplemental app) I reviewed my downloaded VMCAS app and do not see that anywhere on it.

So does anybody else not remember being asked about first and second career choices on the VMCAS application? (I’m referring to the Diversity Section of the supplemental app) I reviewed my downloaded VMCAS app and do not see that anywhere on it.
I remember putting it down somewhere on there, but you could also try calling VMCAS customer service and they may be able to help you out. We also still have a bit until the supplemental is due, so you have some time to figure this out. It'll be okay!

I remember putting it down somewhere on there, but you could also try calling VMCAS customer service and they may be able to help you out. We also still have a bit until the supplemental is due, so you have some time to figure this out. It'll be okay!
How important do you think it is to make sure your second choice is the same as what you listed on VMCAS? I know my first choice for sure obviously, but I can't remember what I made my second choice...

I can't find anything about first and second career choices on my download VMCAS pdf either.

I don’t remember seeing anything about a first or second choice of careers on the VMCAS application

I’m glad y’all don’t remember either because I thought I was going crazy

This might be a dumb question but for the additional experience (not related to vet/animal experience) can we write about continuing experience? I don't know if the "Note: If you are continuing your experience at a clinic or place of employment, please update the number of hours and any additional duties acquired." pertains to the other types of experiences or just to the animal related question. Thanks!