UW-Madison c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tell me about it...im sitting on 3 rejections. Two were mostly because a crap ton of people applied to the schools and it was a numbers game. One was due to it being UF and it was a long shot even as my IS due to them averaging grades.

Im just hoping for some good news ive still got 3 applications out.
1 rejection so far; 1 interview under my belt; 1 waitlist, and 2 other schools i'm waiting to hear from.
I got like 6 rejections last year and my heart just couldn't take it again this year.
Hoping UW or Iowa State come through though because they are my top two picks.
Interviewed at Michigan State and the school is huge and beautiful but they had over 300 OOS applicants who they offered interviews too.

Hate this waiting game but wishing you all the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When are decisions typically released?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Im preoccupying myself by looking for temporary tech work and working at a horse farm to ride.

This wait is killing me! And the weather might delay UW decisions even more. Has anyone else been circling their mailbox like a shark? I know it's not time yet, but... I can't help it...

This wait is killing me! And the weather might delay UW decisions even more. Has anyone else been circling their mailbox like a shark? I know it's not time yet, but... I can't help it...
I'm just waiting for their update email. They usually send one in January just telling us when they are planning on sending out decisions.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm just waiting for their update email. They usually send one in January just telling us when they are planning on sending out decisions.

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing! Back to refreshing, then haha.

OOS Accepted! Just got the phone call :)

Reactions: 7 users
Wait?! They're calling people at 9:30 at night?!

Lol yeah he caught me so off guard! He asked if I had questions and I was silent for like a minute and then asked if I could email him later

Reactions: 1 user
Lol yeah he caught me so off guard! He asked if I had questions and I was silent for like a minute and then asked if I could email him later

I thought they were only going to contact people within business hours. Now I am going to be checking my phone and email constantly 24/7 lol.. CONGRATS!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they were only going to contact people within business hours. Now I am going to be checking my phone and email constantly 24/7 lol.. CONGRATS!

Thanks! Hahahaha I know what you mean! I know refreshing your phone has literally no impact on phone calls but that hasn’t stopped me this application season

So are they not going to be emailing/mailing people then? Just phone calls?

It is my understanding that UW calls applicants who are invited to join the class. Accepted applicants then receive a manilla packet in the mail. Alternates and rejected applicants receive regular-sized letters and are not called.

Reactions: 3 users

It looks like they do snail mail for everyone but only some OOS accepted people get a call if the faculty really liked their application. And it looks like accepted people got an email as well last year

Reactions: 5 users
It looks like they do snail mail for everyone but only some OOS accepted people get a call if the faculty really liked their application. And it looks like accepted people got an email as well last year

This just makes me all the less confident of an acceptance. Ugh

Reactions: 4 users
Im right there with you

I was like major waitlisted last year. Got to the top 20 and the waitlist stopped moving.
I’m not super hopeful because I haven’t made an attempt to better my undergrad grades but I can’t afford to retake classes. Ugh.
This and Iowa State and waiting to see if Michigan will accept me is causing me to have no sense of normal sleep

I was like major waitlisted last year. Got to the top 20 and the waitlist stopped moving.
I’m not super hopeful because I haven’t made an attempt to better my undergrad grades but I can’t afford to retake classes. Ugh.
This and Iowa State and waiting to see if Michigan will accept me is causing me to have no sense of normal sleep

I feel this. I have two tests tomorrow and I can't focus at all since it seems like letters might have been sent out today (maybe?). I've been rejected pretty much everywhere but waitlisted at Western. Wisconsin is the last one I have to hear from, and I really need some good news! What is sleep?

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview at u of I in 2 weeks. Part of me wants to know and the other part doesn't if I don't get in because I'll just end up being more nervous for my interview.
I feel this. I have two tests tomorrow and I can't focus at all since it seems like letters might have been sent out today (maybe?). I've been rejected pretty much everywhere but waitlisted at Western. Wisconsin is the last one I have to hear from, and I really need some good news! What is sleep?

I have an interview at u of I in 2 weeks. Part of me wants to know and the other part doesn't if I don't get in because I'll just end up being more nervous for my interview.

Turning my phone off and going to bed. I’m not too hopeful here. Good luck to everyone and good night.

Beautiful thing about uiuc is once you make it to interviews you’re at least waitlisted. Also, I was waitlisted uiuc last year and called off one week after the deposit deadline. I thought my interview went lowkey terribly.

Congrats!!! Have you gotten any other notifications besides that call? Like an email...

No but he said I should receive a letter in about a week, so they must be sending them out soon! Don’t lose hope guys!!!

No but he said I should receive a letter in about a week, so they must be sending them out soon! Don’t lose hope guys!!!

I wonder why they won’t just email. Who mails initial notifications of acceptances?!? That is stressful! Especially since I am moving from my current mailing address this weekend. My mail is being forwarded and it was noted on my VMCAS app but, still!

I wonder why they won’t just email. Who mails initial notifications of acceptances?!? That is stressful! Especially since I am moving from my current mailing address this weekend. My mail is being forwarded and it was noted on my VMCAS app but, still!

I got a call last night as well, and I'm not 100% certain (I was super thrown off from getting a call so late), but I thought she said there would be an email and a packet in the mail

I got a call last night as well, and I'm not 100% certain (I was super thrown off from getting a call so late), but I thought she said there would be an email and a packet in the mail

Congrats! Are you OOS as well?

I wonder if every accepted person gets a call
Based on previous years:

Beautiful thing about uiuc is once you make it to interviews you’re at least waitlisted. Also, I was waitlisted uiuc last year and called off one week after the deposit deadline. I thought my interview went lowkey terribly.
Thanks! This actually made me feel a lot less nervous for my interview!

Of literally scrolling up this page since you guys were all too lazy to read :p

I wasn’t being lazy, I read it but I also read different messages above that also say different things about notification methods sooooo yeah. Nothing seemed to be concrete.

Congrats on your acceptance! Definitely have lost all hope of being accepted. Probably would have received an email or a phone call by now. But again, congrats. Very happy for you!

Wisconsin doesn't email or call all OOS admitted applicants, some still just receive it via mail. Although even if you are waitlisted, don't give up hope! Looking at last year's thread, the 174th person on the OOS waitlist was offered a spot.

Has anyone received an email? I didn’t expect them to send out acceptances this early. Wonder how long mail will take to get to Canada...

Has anyone received an email? I didn’t expect them to send out acceptances this early. Wonder how long mail will take to get to Canada...
I've been checking constantly all day and haven't gotten anything yet.

Calm down y'all these are early folks as said above these are special circumstance people.