UW-Madison c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y'all I'm in state and I called last week because I accidentally forgot to send my fall transcripts in time. They said it didn't matter and that letters would be going out the end of this week. I don't know if that's true or if they were just trying to overestimate. But those of you who have updates please include whether you're IS or OOS! I can't stop checking these threads and focus on Biochem :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you check the mail arriving today? That’s where I saw mine. It might be due to that delay or simply just a later date that you will receive it. My last name starts with an L so idt it’s that lol. But you will get it soon!

Yeah today it says (0). So nothing today just yet. It may update later? I don’t know! I will just wait lol

Yeah today it says (0). So nothing today just yet. It may update later? I don’t know! I will just wait lol
Mine usually updates at 10-11pm est mail comes in at mindnight usually on trucks by 7am

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter today, I'm OOS Waitlisted at spot 119. Do you think it would be worth it to still visit the school in case I get pulled off the waitlist? I've been accepted elsewhere but I guess I would still want to make the most informed decision.

Reactions: 6 users
I got my letter today, I'm OOS Waitlisted at spot 119. Do you think it would be worth it to still visit the school in case I get pulled off the waitlist? I've been accepted elsewhere but I guess I would still want to make the most informed decision.
It doesn't hurt! I think last year they pulled like 170 off the OOS waitlist (but just double check last year's thread to make sure).

With that being said, time to go check my mailbox!

I think you should! That way if pulled off you will be able to make the best decision without any feeling of uncertainty!

What state are you in, if you don’t mind me asking?

It doesn't hurt! I think last year they pulled like 170 off the OOS waitlist (but just double check last year's thread to make sure).

With that being said, time to go check my mailbox!
Did this come to your current address or your permanent address?

I think you should! That way if pulled off you will be able to make the best decision without any feeling of uncertainty!

What state are you in, if you don’t mind me asking?
No problem, I'm in New York State. My dad is a mailman so he found the letter when he got to the office this morning.

No problem, I'm in New York State. My dad is a mailman so he found the letter when he got to the office this morning.
How the hell did it get to New York already? I'm in Wisconsin and it isn't here yet (granted mailman hasn't come yet today...)

Hey y'all I'm in state and I called last week because I accidentally forgot to send my fall transcripts in time. They said it didn't matter and that letters would be going out the end of this week. I don't know if that's true or if they were just trying to overestimate. But those of you who have updates please include whether you're IS or OOS! I can't stop checking these threads and focus on Biochem :/

Hi! I'm OOS (international from Canada) and if it helps alleviate your anxiety, I didn't send in my fall transcripts either and I got an acceptance call last tuesday so not sending in your fall transcript probably won't affect your application :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all should hopefully get letters today!! I just got mine in the mail at home and had my mom open it up for me. I'm OOS waitlisted #113 :laugh: Not super concerned because I've already been accepted at another place; I don't know where I want to go yet but it's likely that I'll eventually remove myself from the waitlist, so hopefully someone behind me will have a better chance! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got my letter today! I’m in Texas. OOS alternate #92.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm thinking that since they said they would be out by the end of the week, and that everyone who's gotten one today on this thread is OOS and on the waitlist, then they are either sending the IS ones and/or the accepted ones out later in the week? So if you haven't gotten one yet don't fret!
Update: well I was wrong that the only people have been OOS waitlisted, but my opinion that more will be coming out later still stands!

I’m currently waiting to hear back from my first choice post interview but Wisconsin is my second choice. I feel like since I’m so low on the waiting list (118) I have pretty much no chance :(

I was 219 last year and moved to the number 16 spot so don’t give up hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Alright, so I signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery and I have no mail coming to my permanent address. So, I am assuming that these letters are going to current addresses for those who are still waiting.

Alright, so I signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery and I have no mail coming to my permanent address. So, I am assuming that these letters are going to current addresses for those who are still waiting.
I signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery this morning and it said I had nothing in the mail today, but I still got the letter when the mail came. I think it takes a couple days to full sync up.

Reactions: 4 users
I signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery this morning and it said I had nothing in the mail today, but I still got the letter when the mail came. I think it takes a couple days to full sync up.
Thank you so very much! I am going to check my mailbox for the 3rd time today... as soon as I get done with class!

Me rn

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.51.34 AM.png

Reactions: 7 users
OOS rejection in my mail box today. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Oos waitlist #213. :( not hopeful about this.

I’m so annoyed. I saw the Canada post van downstairs so I waited about 20minutes before taking my dog downstairs to go for a walk. I stood with the little mailbox door open for so long while the mailman was in his room on the other side of the door taking his time delivering mail. I’ll have to go back and check again later.

My family is checking when they get home as my current address doesnt have a notification of mail.

Is there any way to find out for sure whether they are sending to permanent or current addresses? Has anyone called to ask?

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail after being called last week. It was sent to my current address, not permanent. I am OOS but live in Wisconsin right now

So normal mailman not here today apparently mail came early but no mail...no news from family yet.

OOS alternate! Not too bummed since I have some offers I’m excited about but just happy it wasn’t a rejection :)

Reactions: 2 users
This all could have been avoided if we had gotten an emailed decision :whistle:

Reactions: 11 users
Any other IS people hear anything? I have only seen one person post anything about getting an IS letter.

Any other IS people hear anything? I have only seen one person post anything about getting an IS letter.
I know somebody in real life who lives in the same city as me who got her rejection letter.

Any OOS waitlisted people willing to share their stats? Might as well stress myself out some more while I wait for my letter that hopefully didn’t get wedged between the seats of my mailman’s van.

Well I mean they are better than mine my last 30 was 3.7-3.8 but my undergrad gpa is horrid if not averaged due to hardships. I have 3500-3700 vet hours..almost 4k animal ( all not animals owned by me). Retaken science was calculated pretty good at iowa 3.48-3.5. Research 500-600

my gre is

V: 157
Q:148
W:4.0

So im not confident..but im holding on to hope

Both of you have better stats than me.

cgpa: 3.46
science gpa: 3.45 (but 3.04 for Iowa’s required courses)
Last 45: 3.65

Gre: 150/155/5.0
Tons of extracurriculars and animal experience but only ~120 vet hours at the time of applying. Not feeling good about this cycle

Both of you have better stats than me.

cgpa: 3.46
science gpa: 3.45 (but 3.04 for Iowa’s required courses)
Last 45: 3.65

Gre: 150/155/5.0
Tons of extracurriculars and animal experience but only ~120 vet hours at the time of applying. Not feeling good about this cycle
Your cgpa is far higher than me I think if averaged and not replaced Its broken 3.0. My grad gpa was good and if replaced my cgpa is. Most of my prereqs were over 6-10 years old so I retook them while working.

You guys have a ton of experience. Looking at past cycles and admitted students stats, experience seems to be able to carry you a long way.

Hope you guys get your letters soon!
I wish they'd ups'd it because usps in my area of florida is just sad. Central florida is pretty dang good.