UW-Madison c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Im 28....
Vs next year you’ll be 29. Except if you get in next year you’ll only be a year behind where you’d be had you gotten accepted this year. Would you rather give up and do something that isn’t your dream, or try again? The fact that you’ve been interviewed says that you’re a competitive candidate. Every year is a different applicant pool. As far as the schools that rejected you, apply to different schools. Do some research on what schools want and care about. If the schools that rejected you fit in there, try them again. Take today to be upset. Be angry if you want to. But set a time for yourself where you’ll say “that’s it. I’m trying again starting now.”

Reactions: 6 users
Theres always 1000 more folks with more hours and better stats

I have never posted on this forum. Mostly because I'm a wife to a wonderful man who wants to become a vet... thus, what can I really add here? Lol. But. I have been lurking for the better part of a year. Watching so many stories shape and unfold. You see Old Country Vet Tech, I have followed your story since you started this UW Madison thread. And I wish with all my heart that you don't give up. No matter what. I literally created this account just to write this to you or anyone who needs a pick me up.... life is such a bummer. But I know a girl who was denied 3 years in a row and the 4th year she finally made it (waitlisted IS then accepted spot). Nothing is out of reach. I send love and hugs your way.

In the words of Cleo Wade:
"I wish I could give you one solution for your pain that definitely works. I can't. It is a process and it is different for everyone. But what I can tell you is that if you are bada$$ enough to feel your pain, then you are definitely bada$$ enough to heal your pain. "

Take care of yourselves friends. And stay strong

Reactions: 17 users
Loving the motivational messages on here! Someone needs to open a SDN vet school. :naughty:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm officially an Old at 35 :shrug: From when I decided to apply to vet school until today, it's been almost 8 years of hustling. You're already miles ahead of where I was at 28.
Me too! This is my first time applying.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never posted on this forum. Mostly because I'm a wife to a wonderful man who wants to become a vet... thus, what can I really add here? Lol. But. I have been lurking for the better part of a year. Watching so many stories shape and unfold. You see Old Country Vet Tech, I have followed your story since you started this UW Madison thread. And I wish with all my heart that you don't give up. No matter what. I literally created this account just to write this to you or anyone who needs a pick me up.... life is such a bummer. But I know a girl who was denied 3 years in a row and the 4th year she finally made it (waitlisted IS then accepted spot). Nothing is out of reach. I send love and hugs your way.

"I wish I could give you one solution for your pain that definitely works. I can't. It is a process and it is different for everyone. But what I can tell you is that if you are bada$$ enough to feel your pain, then you are definitely bada$$ enough to heal your pain. "

Okay you’re like... a really really good person

Reactions: 9 users
Vs next year you’ll be 29. Except if you get in next year you’ll only be a year behind where you’d be had you gotten accepted this year. Would you rather give up and do something that isn’t your dream, or try again? The fact that you’ve been interviewed says that you’re a competitive candidate. Every year is a different applicant pool. As far as the schools that rejected you, apply to different schools. Do some research on what schools want and care about. If the schools that rejected you fit in there, try them again. Take today to be upset. Be angry if you want to. But set a time for yourself where you’ll say “that’s it. I’m trying again starting now.”
I never interviewed only was waitlisted to at vmcvm

Okay you’re like... a really really good person

Lolololol. I'm sure you are too! Thank you for making me laugh (in this hellacious blizzard my husband and I are driving through). Uffda. Minnesota amirite?

I never interviewed only was waitlisted to at vmcvm
In that case, do an application review. They’ll tell you what’s wrong and what’s fixable. Sometimes those can be upsetting because you may feel like it’s a lost cause. But boost what you can and deal with what you can’t. Have you considered SGU or Ross? Not saying you won’t have US options, but if you’re really concerned about the time factor, have you thought about them just as an option while also applying in the US?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lolololol. I'm sure you are too! Thank you for making me laugh (in this hellacious blizzard my husband and I are driving through). Uffda. Minnesota amirite?
I can assure you that while I’m a nice guy, my heart has been hardened by living in a big city in the east coast. SAD is a real thing that isn’t quite as bad out west. But thank you! And please drive safe!!! Or I guess tell your husband I said drive safe!

I really needed that. You are a super good person and I really do thank you for being who you are and doing that.

Reactions: 2 users
Im working with family to research the ones that replace instead of average grades and apply to all of them not just 3. Im hoping for good news from isu, Its kinda where my heart is. Im trying to find work but my 2nd old vet letter person died so im trying to also gey those hours in and figure out where I need to be to work.

I fear my mailman has been swept away in the blizzard. Pretty sure it’s a rejection but my mind won’t rest until I know for certain.

So I called and they said that they have sent everything out. She was just like hopefully it comes tomorrow

I haven’t received any mail yet either! I’m from Southern California, so maybe it’s just taking a while to get here! Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far!

Maybe I should put this in the rant here thread but am I the only one who finds these snail mail decisions kind of disrespectful? After all of the blood,sweat, tears, money, and mental pain we go through to apply, I feel like the least they could do is send out emails. I get that they’re busy and have lots of applications but other schools manage to do it.

Will our statuses ever be available somewhere online? My mailman has lately been tossing the whole apartment complex's mail in a pile on the ground so I'm worried mine will get lost in the mix..

I haven’t received any mail yet either! I’m from Southern California, so maybe it’s just taking a while to get here! Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far!
I just got mine in the mail (rejectionbut oh well!) and I’m in Idaho so hopefully you get your letter soon!

I just got mine in the mail (rejectionbut oh well!) and I’m in Idaho so hopefully you get your letter soon!

That’s good to know! I’ll be lurking around the mailbox again tomorrow haha. Are there any other schools you’re waiting to hear back from?

I’m from So Cal also! I got mine yesterday so I’m sure yours will be coming today :)

I’m from So Cal also! I got mine yesterday so I’m sure yours will be coming today :)

Strange! My mail actually already arrived for today, and there wasn’t a letter for me. Maybe I should confirm that they have the right address.

That’s good to know! I’ll be lurking around the mailbox again tomorrow haha. Are there any other schools you’re waiting to hear back from?
Nope! I got a lot of rejections, but I got into Ross so I’ll most likely just go there!

Canada post cancelled deliveries today because of the weather. :mad:

I wonder if you would be able to call and ask about your admissions status.
This is 100% speculation but I feel like admissions doesn’t like doing that (at any school) because if you are rejected what do they do?
“Hi I’m calling to get my status.”
“You were rejected.”
“Oh okay cool yea thanks.”

I wonder if you would be able to call and ask about your admissions status.
I might if I thought I had a decent chance of getting accepted. It would bug me to pay for a long distance call to be told I got rejected.

I might if I thought I had a decent chance of getting accepted. It would bug me to pay for a long distance call to be told I got rejected.
Fair enough. You could always try emailing! I understand the phone call cost (and awkwardness in the case of bad news).

Got my letter—30th on the waitlist but just gave up my spot since I got into my in state! Good luck everyone who is waiting to hear

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone else still waiting on a letter? I just want to make sure I shouldn’t be concerned yet! I just got my mail today and still no letter.

Last edited:
Is anyone else still waiting on a letter? I just want to make sure I shouldn’t be concerned yet! I just got my mail today and still no letter.

Nothing. I was considering calling just to get this off my mind.

I also haven’t gotten anything

nothing here either! but they said they sent all of them out so I am a little concered it hasn't come yet?

Okay well it seems like a good bit of you still haven’t received letters, so that makes me less concerned. I just wish I knew since it’s the last school I’m hearing back from!!

OOS Alternate #99

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to set up an application review? I called and they said they weren't seeing anyone until April?

Anyone else still waiting for a letter?